CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys i have been using Hackintosh since 5 years. I just bought a new system with Gigabyte z270 Gaming 9 Motherboard intel i7 7700k & RX560 4 GB graphics. I am finding this wierd issue while working on FCPX 10.4. It freezes after working a while. Initially i thought its a HDD prob but i reinstalled high sierra and the prob is same. Please help me out here. Thanks.

Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

is it happening during rendering an output file or during editing?
if it's during rendering, do you have both onboard and dedicated cards loaded? if yes, then you may need to disable onboard video.

other issue could be memory, check to see if they are any reported issues with memory and what slots they are installed in for your board.

I assume you have Lilu and whatevergreen kext installed?

I have the same motherboard and same problem. But, I have the Sapphire Pulse RX580. I was trying to optimise my clips but had OSX crash and freeze. I tried disabling internal graphics but lost hardware encoding. I no longer have lilu and whatevergreen installed. In any case FCPX seems really sluggish.

I have the same motherboard and same problem. But, I have the Sapphire Pulse RX580. I was trying to optimise my clips but had OSX crash and freeze. I tried disabling internal graphics but lost hardware encoding. I no longer have lilu and whatevergreen installed. In any case FCPX seems really sluggish.
See this thread by @shuhung here for possible solutions.

You need to decide what is important to you: H.264 or H.265 (HEVC 8-bit or 10-bit) for encoding.
FCPX seems to want to use IGPU for H.264 as (apparently) AMD H.264 does not work well.
For HEVC, AMD encoder is much better.

Originally, use of IGPU (QuickSync) was designed for fast encode of real-time video streaming and conferencing (e.g. FaceTime) in H.264 where quality was not paramount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back