i7 3.4ghz
Graphics
Nvidia 570 gtx
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a plugin for FCPX and Motion 5 from MotionVFX.com. I am having difficulty registering the product and in a very subtle way, the support email I received back pointed out that they were not seeing a UUID in my details when I try and register the plugin. I do have a UUID in my 'About this Mac' details, but I am guessing this is a problem with having a Hackintosh? I have installed the same plugin with no problems on my wife's Macbook, but that is no use to me with my set up - it just proves the software works.

Is there a way to legitimately get around this security feature?

In order to register the plugin I simply need to enter my account user name and password for the software provider. I'm guessing it's trying to link my account to a specific computer to protect it from piracy, which I completely understand.

I just want to use the plugin I paid for.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Marcus

eelhead

Super Moderator
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
i5 7600k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you drop motionVFX a line and see what they say?
support @ motionvfx.com

I know systems where having authentication issues when facetime was first released but they have since fixed this. I am wondering if this fix would help you out in trying to register your product. I Know the current version of Chimera should fix that issue, but unknown if it would resolve your product registration.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i7 3.4ghz
Graphics
Nvidia 570 gtx
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

I didn't specifically mention I had a Hackintosh, I just told them I was struggling with registration. When they came back and commented that I had no UUID, I thought that I might have been pushing my luck given that I do not have a genuine Mac.

I use the latest Chimera and Facetime, iMessage, Appstore and so on all work fine. I even have a UUID when I click 'About this Mac'.

I was wondering whether the software might be looking somewhere else for the UUID. Do you think this is possible?

Thanks for much for your help.

Marcus