Contribute
Register

Favorite Old school Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lovely BENICIA! (Asus IPIBL-LB)
Still working great with Q6600 and ALC888S with Mavericks!

i remember starting to build that hack on this site and others, sharing info and all, man seems like ages ago...

I think that build was the mother of all of tonys builds as this oen started it all..

First board i had was a p35-ds3p with a c2d on it, and DDR2 gawn oldschool man, still have that board here somewhere...

785.jpg

Look at al those colors man, look at it! seems like something fisher price would make :D

Not really the oldest of boards bit my girl is still running a gigabyte x58s/ud3r and had been for the past 4 years without a hitch:) thanks go to to tonymac &crew

I still use my first hack, GA-P35-DS3L on 10.5 almost every day for browsing. It has an Pentium Dual-Core E2140 1.6 GHz I picked up for $12 open box from microcenter with every intention of replacing it. I OC'ed to 2.8 and never felt the need to upgrade. I use it to run Adobe CS3 that requires Rosetta too. I love that thing.
Weaksauce12 guide FTW!

792.jpg

Intel D975XBX2 (aka the Bad Axe 2)!

My best friend......
DP45SG with C2Q 9550 now running 10.9.5
working smoothly...................

Attachments

• 81f1lHc1zgL._SL1500_.jpg
    81f1lHc1zgL._SL1500_.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Intel_DP45SG_10_IO.JPG
    Intel_DP45SG_10_IO.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 165
This is my favorite "found" motherboard. I own two of these and had owned them for some time when I found tonymacx86.com. I decided to try them out and both are still going with 10.9.5. Once I updated the bios and found a good dsdt, they just work! One has Dual Core Pentium E6500 and the other has just been upgraded from Q6600 to Q9400. Gigabyte GA-41M-ES2L.
3144_m.jpg

What's your qualification for "old school"? For me, the newer, the better. The one I have listed in the profile under my icon is the first motherboard I actually got working as a Hackintosh.

I'm still using my first hack hardware, so it would have to be my favorite. I'm rocking a GA-P35-DS3R, Q6600 and NVIDIA 8800GT. It's fully updated to 10.9.5, and I've already verified it still works with Yosemite PB4. I'm really itching for an upgrade, but darn it the thing just keeps working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back