Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z97 Extreme6
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 970 4GB
Yesterday I successfully updated my trusty old El Capitan Hackintosh to High Sierra. The install went well and, with not too much tinkering, I had everything up and running (NVIDIA driver, HDMI audio, etc.). I saw that the 2019-001 Security Update was available in the App Store and I read a couple of threads with success stories using very similar hardware to mine and so I downloaded it.

The Security Update install process seemed to go fine (computer rebooted a couple of times and then the installer was gone from Clover), but once my updated system drive tried to boot up, it stalled at the black screen with the Apple logo. I restarted the machine and tried again in verbose mode. It stalled after just a couple of seconds with the last lines reading:

"Fault CPU 0x1Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot" (see attached image).

What I've tried so far:

• Safe mode and single user mode both result in the same crash as above
  • After reading a few threads, I tried checking "FixHeaders" in Clover Configurator ("FixShutdown" was already checked)
  • Also tried dropping MATS and DMAR
  • Way back when, I got El Capitan working by adding the Boot Arguments: "dart=0", "kext-dev-mode=1", and "rootless=0"--I tried removing all those arguments

None of the above changed anything. Now I'm stuck. I've attached a zip of my Clover folder (it's very possible there's some messiness left over from my El Capitan build).

I do a have a working bootable backup of my El Capitan drive. I hadn't yet cloned the High Sierra drive, since I had just gotten it working (I wish now that I had, obviously). I'd love to avoid starting the whole upgrade over again and get my updated High Sierra install back up and running if at all possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5539.JPG
    IMG_5539.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 190
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext are old and should be updated :

The versions in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other are newer than the ones in your screenshot.
Try booting with -liluoff and update all instances of Lilu.kext and its plugin kexts.

You should delete all of the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.* folders leaving just /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/post-1884949

Thanks so much, I'm back in!

The key, it turned out, was what you noticed about the versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen being newer in my Clover/kexts/Other folder than they were in the screenshot. It turned out there were older versions in my Library/Extensions folder.

So, I removed Lilu and WhateverGreen from my Library/Extensions folder and just kept them in Clover/kexts/Other. I also removed all the "10.*" folders from Clover/kexts as you recommended. With those changes I was able to boot into my updated High Sierra disk.

From there, I just had to update my Nvidia driver and now everything seems to be up and running again.

I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back