Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay guys, I'm posting this with the hope that some one will be able to help me with this build:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6800K
Motherboard: Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID GAMING
Other PCIE Devices: Thunderbolt 2 AIC

So far I tried multiple guides and none of them can get me to the El Cap install screen.

Mainly I get stuck at "Error allocating 0x12693 pages at 0x00 00 00 00 x 05 6a 80 00"

I tried both OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFixDrv2 with essentially the same result.

Anyone have any ideas?

[Edit #1]

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asrock-fatal1ty-x99m-killer-5930k.194607/#post-1264678

By following this guide I get to a bunch of "++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++" and then it hangs.

I'm assuming the GPU is the problem, but am hesitant to get one (I don't own one) before making sure the GPU is causing the fault here. Could some one confirm this?

Last edited:
Sure did, like I said in the Edit it gets me to a bunch of "++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++" in clovers verbose mode and then it hangs. Could this be due to the 980?
Are you using nv_disable=1 boot-arg to get past the lack of drivers for the 980 in the installation app?
I had to swap mine out for a supported GPU because it did not work for my EVGA GTX980 - all I got was a black screen. Nothing else for an hour - fans were running, drive light on and blinking, but nothing on the screen except black. Power light was blue, so there was a signal to the screen (power light turns yellow with no signal/sleep mode) and something was going on but I could not tell if it was hung up or waiting for input.

Well I did not wait an hour. I waited for about 15 minutes, but I could see that there was no activity on the flash drive, so I'm presuming that it did actually hang. Video Signal was still on but no change, so I guess this might actually be not a GPU issue? hmm

Well I did not wait an hour. I waited for about 15 minutes, but I could see that there was no activity on the flash drive, so I'm presuming that it did actually hang. Video Signal was still on but no change, so I guess this might actually be not a GPU issue? hmm
If you have an old GPU like a GT120, 210 9500/9800 or an AMD/ATI like the 4850 or 5770 you might try those. A nVidia GPU would be best to use and you may need to edit config.plist to inject nVidia = true to get it to work..

Any Luck getting it to boot.

I am stuck on the boot with the +++++++++++++++++++++++++ signs

I have tried all possible combinations to try to get it past this...

ASRock X99M Fatality 3.1
Core i7 6900K
64GB RAM
980Ti but also an old 8800 which is a supported card.

I have managed to install on my old system that housed two 8800 cards without a problem on a X58 platform. I cannot get it going on this rig at all..HEP ME!

Well I recently ran in to some other problems on my rig (not related to OS X) so I'm trying to fix those. I'll try getting a cheap (maybe used) nvidia gpu and try getting it to run, sometime later, maybe next week.

Let's keep this thread posted if you manage to get further ahead, pradmohanty.

On a related note: you don't suppose any long overdue upcoming macs will use the X99 platform, do you guys? :D

Most likely the new macpros will use C612 or the way its going..they may skip this entire generation all together..God knows...

@pradmohanty I'm taking another stab at this. Do the "++++++++++++" signs stay on screen for you or do they disappear after some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back