Contribute
Register

Fans in OSX won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,
How can I patch ECWT?

I don't think you need to. I was just making sure you didn't make the same change as was done to ECRD.

RehabMan,

\_TZ.FN00._ON () - does calling this method enable fan?
\_TZ.FN00._OFF () - does calling this method disable fan?

If it is right, tell me where I can call this method to enable fan forcibly? Because in pdf you provided to me I can't understand where to call this method.

RehabMan,

\_TZ.FN00._ON () - does calling this method enable fan?
\_TZ.FN00._OFF () - does calling this method disable fan?

If it is right, tell me where I can call this method to enable fan forcibly? Because in pdf you provided to me I can't understand where to call this method.

I have no idea. I'm not familiar with ACPI control of fans.

One guy said me: call this methods in _INI and _WAK

Is it right? I tried that, but no luck.

The right thing would depend on a detailed analysis of the DSDT/SSDT code and the ACPI spec regarding fan control. Guessing will get you nowhere. Educated guesses would be better.

In this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/72043-new-fan-control-dsdt-silent-fan-higher-temps.html you playing with laptop fans in DSDT. Why you won't help me with my fans if you have knowledge base for it?

I found methods for control fans in SSDT-1 and DSDT. I need to start my fans at any speed. Please help

You have the laptop. If you can determine how the fans are controlled, you can adapt my code to your scenario. Reverse engineering requires access to the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back