Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 OC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have successfully made my first build :thumbup:

I've a Nocua NH-U12P that comes with 2 fans (3 pins) mounted on a Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard.

The fans are always at 1300, I would like to know what are the possibilities to let the system control the fan speed based on CPU temps.

I've read that that there is some configuration on the motherboard, but I was not able to find it. On the other hand that I could get a 4 pin fan so it can be controlled PWM...

At this point I would like to have some advice on those options, if I can control the speed with some BIOS settings that would be nice, if not I would like to be sure if a 4 pin fan would be the solution.

Thank you!

There are options for the fan speeds in the bios, I think it is under pc health

Hi pinktank, I've tried to change those settings but the speed stays the same. I'm not sure if those settings only work for 4 pins fans (mine are 3 pins).

Also have installed the kext that is mentioned in another thread (NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) but still have the fan always at full speed (1300rpm).

My guess is that there is no way to change the rpm if there is no 4th pin, but I would like to be sure about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back