Contribute
Register

Fan Sensors Not Showing (SSDT + FakeSMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I use my own fork of FakeSMC... (based on kozlek fork).
Note also that Slice's FakeSMC (your first link) might be is definitely different from the one you linked (third link).
Not sure if that hwsensors.com is Slice's fork, or kozlek's fork...hwsensors.com is kozkek.

Last edited:
Ramalama's post is really the most important thing. Slice's post is a general guideline. Also:
Slice said:
Prerequisites

There is FakeSMC plugin named ACPImonitor in my branch or renamed to ACPISensors in kozlek's branch. They are the same.

Ramalama's post is really the most important thing. Slice's post is a general guideline. Also:

I'm just saying they are two different code bases... and therefore may work differently...
I am perfectly aware of how ACPISensors works... I made a lot of fixes there...

Lately, I have completely stopped using the FakeSMC sensor kexts... They are horribly inefficient (need a redesign).

Agreed. Unfortunately this is the only method I have currently to actually get sensor readings for OS X, and the Dell's SuperIO device is unsupported :(

I'm just going to mod FakeSMC/keys to get all the hardware sensors to show up, once I can identify what each ACPI device corresponds to (Windows time!). Like, seriously, what is the temp monitor for "AR and PD" even looking at? "AR and PD"??? This hack has sure been a great lesson in what not to name things...

Like, seriously, what is the temp monitor for "AR and PD" even looking at? "AR and PD"??? This hack has sure been a great lesson in what not to name things...

Yeah... It is really an artifact of the ACPI spec that only allows 4-characters for identifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back