Contribute
Register

Fan Not Detected - Asus UX430UA Zenbook (MacOS High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS UX430UA
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is this a common issue? My fans don't show up in HWMonitor or any other fan control software. Can someone point me to a thread to fix this?

I have everything up and running except for my HDMI Audio and I have that crackling over headphones issue with regular audio. I want to control my fans with something like tgpro but the fans are not being detected. They run... oh believe me they run... they run all the time.... please make them stop!

Is this a common issue? My fans don't show up in HWMonitor or any other fan control software. Can someone point me to a thread to fix this?

I have everything up and running except for my HDMI Audio and I have that crackling over headphones issue with regular audio. I want to control my fans with something like tgpro but the fans are not being detected. They run... oh believe me they run... they run all the time.... please make them stop!
Install the plugins for FakeSMC.kext (FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext etc).

Thanks, but I already have FakeSMC.kext and the other 4 installed in S/L/E. Any other ideas?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ah true. I was hoping there was a thread I was missing. I'm assuming not at this point. Attached the files now. So appreciate any help you can give. The only two issues I am having is the fan not being detected and getting sound over HDMI. I have not patched the DSDT.aml file for Rename BOD3 to HDAU cause I can't get the computer to boot if I do. The only patches I have applied are Asus Battery, Layout Audio 3, Keyboard Lights, Fix Wake Arg 3. I used Karabineer instead of the FN Key patches. I have not patched any SSDT files. Thanks again for any advice.

Attachments

• EcoSee.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 54
Ah true. I was hoping there was a thread I was missing. I'm assuming not at this point. Attached the files now. So appreciate any help you can give. The only two issues I am having is the fan not being detected and getting sound over HDMI. I have not patched the DSDT.aml file for Rename BOD3 to HDAU cause I can't get the computer to boot if I do. The only patches I have applied are Asus Battery, Layout Audio 3, Keyboard Lights, Fix Wake Arg 3. I used Karabineer instead of the FN Key patches. I have not patched any SSDT files. Thanks again for any advice.

If you're referring to fan readings in HwMonitor.app, it requires reverse engineering of your EC and writing a bit of glue code for FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext. Refer to the ProBook github project for an example.

Renames in ACPI must be balanced across all DSDT+SSDTs that contain references to the symbol.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

If you're referring to fan readings in HwMonitor.app, it requires reverse engineering of your EC and writing a bit of glue code for FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext.

Yes. I assume then that any of the other fan control programs can't see it either if HwMonitor.app can't see it. tgpro can't see them so I can't control them. Correct?

Yes. I assume then that any of the other fan control programs can't see it either if HwMonitor.app can't see it. tgpro can't see them so I can't control them. Correct?

No expectation that any fan control program written for Macs will work on hacks anway.

Also off topic but following inline here for this one HDMI Audio question only. Will more to new thread after this one:

Renames in ACPI must be balanced across all DSDT+SSDTs that contain references to the symbol.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Is the Rename BOD3 to HDAU necessary on a Kabylake processor? If so, I should then go ahead and patch my DDST and all SSDT files to move forward for HDMI sound. Correct?

Is the Rename BOD3 to HDAU necessary on a Kabylake processor? If so, I should then go ahead and patch my DDST and all SSDT files to move forward for HDMI sound. Correct?

First of all, it is B0D3, not BOD3.

Spelling mistakes aside...
Skylake and KabyLake do not have B0D3, the HDMI audio codec lives on HDEF (HDAS renamed to HDEF) along with the onboard analog audio codec (like with Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back