Graphics
nVidia Geforce 9400 Gt 1Gb VRAM
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I've found this GTX 750 made by Zotac that doesn't have a fan, and thought it would be perfect for my Silent G5 Hack. Since it is basically a 750, as the EVGA one that's on the tonymac buyer guides, it should work fine with Yosemite, right?
Also, will all the ports work? It has DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI. And will i be able to enable DP and HDMI audio?
I really need your advice, I want to go out and buy it now!

Attachments

• 137346d1431560293t-fan-less-zotac-gtx-750-zone-compatibility-8c1d4addb9.jpg
    137346d1431560293t-fan-less-zotac-gtx-750-zone-compatibility-8c1d4addb9.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 198
Hi, yes the 750 works out the box no matter what connection method you use, though HDMI audio might not, check this video out to fix the issue

[video=youtube;nKxLkvAmu2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxLkvAmu2g[/video]

That's great to hear. I needed some confirmation. I guess I'll be buying it sometime soon. Thanks for replying

The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that the EVGA cards and this one don't seem to share the same PCB design, I'm worried that could affect compatibility with OS X and maybe I end up with one less port or no audio output. What do you think?

The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that the EVGA cards and this one don't seem to share the same PCB design, I'm worried that could affect compatibility with OS X and maybe I end up with one less port or no audio output. What do you think?
You've no need to worry, As far as I know, HDMI, DVI, & Display Port all works with 600/700 series cards no matter what the brand you're using, Although you won't get any audio as stated earlier, there is currently three fixes you can try (Go for 3. if all else fails)

1. HDMI Audio - video link will help (I use this method for my media in iTunes)

2. Install audio drivers from MultiBeast for your motherboard (85% chance this will work for you) or your motherboard might have audio working right out the box, hope it goes that way for you.

3. Buy a USB 7.1 Sound card adapter - enables you to have sound without drivers, you can get these on eBay for dirt cheap and they are totally recommended because it saves you the hassle trying all different drivers where's nothing could work for you (I use this also for my media in iTunes, Works just as good as any other audio interface, plug & play and a way you go)

I can get the audio from my motherboard using the VoodooHDA kext included in MultiBeast but unfortunately I can't get to the phisical audio port without further modding the G5 case. That's why Display Port audio would be really handy. Also I plan to connect my PS4 to my monitor and share the speakers that way. Hope I can get it to work. Thanks again, tipaws.

Oh right I see, no problem :)

Oh cool, I'll check it out. Thanks for letting me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back