Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I recently bought two Xigmatek fans in a 4-pin configuration in the hopes of having them throttled up or down based on temps. I'm realizing now though that the fan connected to SystemFan2 isn't changing RPM's. The SystemFan2 header is actually the only other header with sense/speed control other than the CPU. I assumed it would work for that reason, but it isn't. Does anyone have a clue why this could be? Is there something i'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

What kind of fan do you have connected to cpu fan header ? If it's a 4-pin fan then you might have better luck using a splitter like this to control both fans : http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10350 ... CB002.html. On all my Gigabyte boards that SysFan2 header has only been able to do voltage control even though it has a 4-pin header.

Just be careful with current draw if your splitter takes power for fans from cpu fan header. Gigabyte fan headers mostly seem to be able to provide only 1 A per header. Splitter I linked takes power from a separate Molex connector so with that one you don't need to worry about power usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back