Graphics
Sapphire Dual-X 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking for some kind of fan control so I can adjust the speeds of my fan on the fly, if I'm not using anything I'd like to be able to turn them down, while when I'm actually using them I'd like them to be turned up more then its doing in both situations.

Theres no reason to be running 50% speed at idle with under 40 temps, I have yet to see it go over 50-55, avg around 45-50 with cinebench full load. So I have lots of room here to turn the fans down to make less noize... However i cannot find any programs that can control this out of a mac.

I have hw monitor showing me my temps and fan speeds, however this doesnt effect the actual speed, I cannot edit anything.

I use smcfancontrol on my 2010 macbook, but that program seems to not work on hackintosh?

Some advise or information where I can learn more or educate myself about this would be insanely helpful

I'm looking for some kind of fan control so I can adjust the speeds of my fan on the fly, if I'm not using anything I'd like to be able to turn them down, while when I'm actually using them I'd like them to be turned up more then its doing in both situations.

Theres no reason to be running 50% speed at idle with under 40 temps, I have yet to see it go over 50-55, avg around 45-50 with cinebench full load. So I have lots of room here to turn the fans down to make less noize... However i cannot find any programs that can control this out of a mac.

I have hw monitor showing me my temps and fan speeds, however this doesnt effect the actual speed, I cannot edit anything.

I use smcfancontrol on my 2010 macbook, but that program seems to not work on hackintosh?

Some advise or information where I can learn more or educate myself about this would be insanely helpful

I'm pretty sure you can't have 3rd-party fan control (I attempted it: read here: Asus S400CA - Fan not recognized in HWMonitor?), as I think fan control is based off of SMC which in our case is emulated and doesn't have the proper requirements. At least that's what I know. If you do find a solution though, I would be very interested to know how you got it to work ... :think:

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure you can't have 3rd-party fan control (I attempted it: read here: Asus S400CA - Fan not recognized in HWMonitor?), as I think fan control is based off of SMC which in our case is emulated and doesn't have the proper requirements. At least that's what I know. If you do find a solution though, I would be very interested to know how you got it to work ... :think:

Cheers!
is this also true for vanilla installs of mavericks?

I specially selected my motherboard due to all of the parts working out of the box with vanilla mavericks, so while yes my rig is a hackintosh, im not as hacked as everyone else.

The only other options I've found is to spend $50 on a bitfenix recon and use a mac app to control it, but I'd rather just use software for free then spend $50 simply to use software.

Anyone know of any other options like the bixfenix recon that may be cheaper? I guess $50 isnt alot of money, but in my mac pro 2006 case I don't exactly have a cd bay to put this in, so something smaller I could put inside of the case and then use a app for would be the best choice for me, but I can't seem to find anything like that... :confused:

is this also true for vanilla installs of mavericks?

I specially selected my motherboard due to all of the parts working out of the box with vanilla mavericks, so while yes my rig is a hackintosh, im not as hacked as everyone else.

The only other options I've found is to spend $50 on a bitfenix recon and use a mac app to control it, but I'd rather just use software for free then spend $50 simply to use software.

Anyone know of any other options like the bixfenix recon that may be cheaper? I guess $50 isnt alot of money, but in my mac pro 2006 case I don't exactly have a cd bay to put this in, so something smaller I could put inside of the case and then use a app for would be the best choice for me, but I can't seem to find anything like that... :confused:

Not really sure, as the only hack rig I have is my laptop :lol:....

Derp, I misread your post, NVM

Maybe you can experiment with changing / modifying your DSDT fan methods...

do your have a source I could read more about this?

Maybe you can experiment with changing / modifying your DSDT fan methods...
could you elaborate a bit more about this? or link me to somewhere I could find some more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back