Graphics
GeForce 8500 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have installed fakeSMC.kext, which has allowed me to see my cpu temp and both my fan speeds, but the fans are constant, even when idle.

I have tried smcFanControl app, but no joy. Any clue on where I should be looking?

Many thanks.

mildfuzz said:
I have installed fakeSMC.kext, which has allowed me to see my cpu temp and both my fan speeds, but the fans are constant, even when idle.

I have tried smcFanControl app, but no joy. Any clue on where I should be looking?

Many thanks.
Are your fans PWM fans connected to the motherboard PWM fan connection points? See your mobo manual for which points are PWM - usually if it is 4-pin connection it is and if it is 3-pin connection it is not.

mildfuzz said:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1156/P7P55DE_PRO/#download

This would certainly indicate that the fans have four pins.

Not sure about my case fan, but my CPU fan in the boxed fan from the I7 package.
What temp have you got the BIOS set for with the PWM control? The fan will run at full speed if the temp sensed is out of the range of the setpoint by a certain number of degrees C. If your cooler is not capable of cooling the cpu down to or below the setpoint, then the fan will run full speed all the time.

In my H55M USB3 I don't get fan control with the newer FakeSMC, I had to install the older one to get it working. Only setback is that it is a bit slower to boot but I don't really mind that. Oh, and I can't see my CPU freq dynamically changing with speedstep either but I can live without it too.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... topic=1206

Going Bald said:
What temp have you got the BIOS set for with the PWM control?

I can't find anything relating to PWM Control in the manual!

It seems like nothing is having an effect. I have changed the CPU settings from full on over clock to normal, temp rises, fans stay roughly the same.

I have also enabled q-fans on each of it's settings, it has had little or no effect on fan speed and thus noise levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back