Contribute
Register

Familiar with the most recent "CustomMac Pro" Build? I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Title should be "Problems with Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare and Crucial Ballistix RAM. I am receiving error 55 and dont know what the best way to proceed is.

Interested if there is more information, going to research now..

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/november/2016#CustoMac_Pro

^Link to shopping list

I ordered the parts listed from Tony's CustomMac Pro (listed below)

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
Core i7-6700K
Corsair H60 (Water)
EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair RM 650x Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)

I then followed this to make the bootable drive: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

I put the build together following many videos and tutorials I've read and watched and gone over and over the hardware and think I have done everything correctly but when trying to boot I am not getting any communication from multiple monitors I've tried. I hit the power while holding DELETE, the computer turns on, all the fans start and on the Motherboard I get codes 31 (Memory installed), 32 (CPU PEI Initialization) and then code 40 which I can not find in the manual. Nothing on the DVI-I hooked up monitor. Then the computer shuts down and restarts...

My questions are;
If anyone is super familiar with this build, are any parts not compatible?
Is the a trick I am not doing during the build, like a switch that needs to be flipped?
Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
That's a compatible build according to the list and I successfully just build one similar with a gigabyte motherboard (UD5.) Code 40 is a BIO error and you probably have some bad settings in the board. I'm not familiar with the designare board but I'd suggest a BIOS reset.

have you tried without the 960? Have you tried plugging into the on-board video port?

Unless you ran with bad RAM, that should work. What's the speed on the RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back