Contribute
Register

FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins & HWMonitor stop CPU Fan (on Asus P5K-SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5K-SE
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
ATI Radeon 4800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,
just a short note/warning: While I had a stable setting with the basic EasyBeast settings, i got curious about the temperatures and installed FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins & HWMonitor through MultiBeast. Most censors were actually working, but the CPU Fan was giving no signal. I opened the case and found, that it stopped, even though the CPU eventually reached 90 degrees. When booting into windows the fan does its duties, but when during the boot process into OS X it throttles down and eventually stops.
If anyone has an idea what I can do to fix this, I would gladly appreciate it. I just thought I would post this here, so others with a similar board will be cautious.
Mitch

Hi everyone,
just a short note/warning: While I had a stable setting with the basic EasyBeast settings, i got curious about the temperatures and installed FakeSMC v6.9.1315 Plugins & HWMonitor through MultiBeast. Most censors were actually working, but the CPU Fan was giving no signal. I opened the case and found, that it stopped, even though the CPU eventually reached 90 degrees. When booting into windows the fan does its duties, but when during the boot process into OS X it throttles down and eventually stops.
If anyone has an idea what I can do to fix this, I would gladly appreciate it. I just thought I would post this here, so others with a similar board will be cautious.
Mitch

I have the EXACT same issue. Thankfully I have a window on the side of my case so I could see this happening. This seems to be caused by some combination of the ACPISensors and LPCSensors plugins for FakeSMC. Look inside the /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Content/PlugIns/ and try removing them one at at time. Fix permissions and reboot to see which one(s) cause the problem.

FYI, I'm up to the latest version of FakeSMC and continue to have this relatively MAJOR problem. The primary CPU fan(s) simply stop spinning and have zero sensor reports in HWMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back