Contribute
Register

FakeSMC KP on ML 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot -v and snap a picture of the KP, then post it here.

Thanks for responding...I shouldn't have started to play and remained happy...

This is the first time I've created a Hacintosh so 'very' new at this. I did set up Time Machine which ran a backup this morning. It resides on a separate disk so assume if the worse comes to the worse I can get back to where I was before 'playing'. I've tried -x but that didn't change anything. The only thing that seems to change with each panic is the 'Fault CPU:0x (variable number)'.

Given the Extensions in the backtrace mention GPUSensors, I don't know if knowing I have a GTX295 installed helps. Once again...it was all working before selecting FakeSMC Plugin and Hardware Monitor App from Multibeast (latest version).

:banghead:

Attachments

• 20121023_170032.jpg
    20121023_170032.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 562
You can use the Terminal in the Unibeast USB installer. You need to know the exact name of your OSX drive.

Boot your Unibeast drive and select the USB drive to boot to the installer. Answer the language question and at the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal.

Then:

Code:
Type:  diskutil list

Somewhere near the top, just right of middle will be the name of your OSX drive. Verify it for the next series of commands.

Now:

Code:
Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of OSX drive)"   <== use quotes, not parens
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins
Type:  rm -rf GPUSensors.kext

Type:  cd System/Library
Type:  touch Extensions

Quit Terminal. Quit the Installer. Reboot as you would normally.

Ok. I will give it a try. I already have ML 10.8.2 installed. My plan is run multibeast 5.0.2 and install the motherboard plugins and then delete OemSMBios.kext, repair permissions, reboot, pray for no KP.:problem:

Well, I just ruined my system trying to get the CPU temp to work.

I can't find OemSMBios.ktext within the FakeSMC.text plugins folder, am I looking in the wrong place. Normally the only way to get it to boot correctly was to delete all the plugins from FakeSMC, but now when I go into the disk on another computer it says that the disk is corrupted and can't be repaired...great

You can use the Terminal in the Unibeast USB installer. You need to know the exact name of your OSX drive.

Boot your Unibeast drive and select the USB drive to boot to the installer. Answer the language question and at the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal.

Then:

Code:
Type:  diskutil list

Somewhere near the top, just right of middle will be the name of your OSX drive. Verify it for the next series of commands.

Now:

Code:
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins
Type:  rm -rf GPUSensors.kext

Type:  cd System/Library
Type:  touch Extensions

Quit Terminal. Quit the Installer. Reboot as you would normally.

Thanks! I just updated my fakesmc + plugins and was scratching my head... Removed gpusensors and all is good

There must be an issue with gtx 2xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back