Intel i5-8400
Graphics
Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am working on installing mac on a new computer, speccs in sidebar

I have got mojave to install before on this machine but I ruined my install while trying to get audio working and gave up temporarily because i need to work, so I installed windows on a seperate M.2 Drive.

While on windows I wanted to make use of my SSD for a few files so I formatted it in windows to Fat32.

I am now working again on installing Mojave on the SSD so I ran Elementary OS from a USB and formatted the drive to gpt which allowed me to format the drive in the installer to GUID with Mac journaled or APFS. I have tied to install on both of those system. I am aware that the mojave installer converts to APFS while installing.

So far what it does is to run through the installer up to the 2 minutes left mark and then it crashes and gives me a "send exception exc_corpse_notify" error. During the install I noticed errors referring to many drives which it ways could not be converted to APFS and where not writable as they were not mac os journaled.

I have tried a lot of combinations of kexts and my most recent was a unibeast 9.1.0 with just a added XHCI-300-series-injector.kext

I also removed my SSD and formatted it from my Mac laptop to see if it was not being formatted correctly by the installer. no change.

I tried High Sierra and could not get any different results.

Here is a picture of the installer log

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
So I have gotten past this last issue. Now I am at the first boot from the drive to the OS and it is stuck at 3/4

Here is the Verbose for the startup where it stops.

Attachments

• IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 49
Here is the Verbose for the startup where it stops.
Looks like a graphics problem.
You could use Lilu.kext with WhateverGreen.kext or remove the graphics card and install using the integrated graphics.

My Problem was that the WhateverGreen was not working with my Sapphire RX Nitro +

I added the updated Lilu and removed the WhateverGreen and things work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back