Contribute
Register

Failure to boot in to lion (corrected) and up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Iv read a lot of threads, and followed tutorials on how to set up install, download. I've been trying to follow forums without posting. First couple times I couldn't load, then I got loaded and multibeast down. The only way I can boot in is by PCIRootUID=0 code in start up that includes for both USB and Lion instalion and Lion start up.

In multibeast app I've tried to follow some tutorials about what to download what not to, in first run I downloaded some stuff wrong and couldn't load up at all, so then I loaded up on USB and erased and re-partitioned in disk utility, then I followed some more tutorials showing how to show all files then change code, that didn't work then tried another way including ktext enable PCIRootUID that didn't work. I've tried using easybeast, charmelon also using database dsdt for my mother board. None of its been working out for me.

It seems to register all my hardware in specs. But I wanna load up right and then grt so I can install my mSSD and my other 12 gb of rams.

GA Z68XP-UD3/GA HD 6850 1GB/16GB corsair mem/OCZ mSATA 60gb SDD/1tb HDD

Those are my specks, please some help of info to other forums/tutorials.

Re: Failure to boot in to lion

Newtobuild0120 said:
Iv read a lot of threads, and followed tutorials on how to set up install, download. I've been trying to follow forums without posting. First couple times I couldn't load, then I got loaded and multibeast down. The only way I can boot in is by PCIRootUID=0 code in start up that includes for both USB and Lion instalion and Lion start up.

In multibeast app I've tried to follow some tutorials about what to download what not to, in first run I downloaded some stuff wrong and couldn't load up at all, so then I loaded up on USB and erased and re-partitioned in disk utility, then I followed some more tutorials showing how to show all files then change code, that didn't work then tried another way including ktext enable PCIRootUID that didn't work. I've tried using easybeast, charmelon also using database dsdt for my mother board. None of its been working out for me.

It seems to register all my hardware in specs. But I wanna load up right and then grt so I can install my mSSD and my other 12 gb of rams.

GA Z68XP-UD3/GA HD 6850 1GB/16GB corsair mem/OCZ mSATA 60gb SDD/1tb HDD

Those are my specks, please some help of info to other forums/tutorials.

Your post is hard to follow, so I'm not sure I understand where you're stuck. Are you able to boot to your desktop still?

Sorry, yes I can boot to the desktop, can't boot up properly without a USB or PCIRootUID=0. I can get to multibeast I can then do anything on desktop after booting. My issue is not booting properly without the steps used for USB. So then I proceed to set up Internet and add my other hardware.

Anytime I try a different way to get the the software to boot right it ends on making it crash.

We have same set up, besides memory so if you can help that would be nice.

Maybe I'll try to erase and re partition then check all basic options again.

So I used PCIRootUID Fix in multibeast, and the code it uses is PCIRootUID=1 instead of 0, don't really know what the code means but I know now I get grey apple screen and spilling wheel. But it could also be the graphics card, because I tried to boot using boot loader, and it goes threw, but at the end screen goes blank. Figured had unsupported graphics card. Attempted w/ & w/out USB, neither seemed to work.

Will go back re partetion then try again with out graphics card downloaded. And will try after I change the code

Curious that multibeast doesn't work correctly if I don upgrade to 10.7.2?

So of been trying none stop all day, different multibest setups, and now I can't get my rig to boot up to even a bios screen now, kinda worried....

Any ideas or help? Plz

So after I figured that my computer wasn't working I went threw and analyzed what might be wrong.id read about people and sleep mode working and not working. So I kept turning it off and on, to see if all items on the motherboard worked. I then went threw and checked into my hdmi cord. And it was spent, after I got a new one I did a hard reset on my system, which then booted up perfectly. That's when I figured that my computer was booting and that the graphics card was disabled. It, and when I would power off it would go into sleep mode, and appear unresponsive.

So now it boots in to lion and sleep mode works, I also enabled graphics and USB.

I also think figuring have a GA Z68XP-UD3 1155 F7 instead of F8 helped.

All the links Iv been using to figure this out. And I'll keep reporting on how I'm making my hack better to further help.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/12/ ... sandy.html
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

Upon reading other threads that related to my searches.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back