CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is a first for me, I've had my system running fine for several years and always gone through minor & major updates without an issue. Until today.

After ensuring my OpenCore was current (0.8.5) along with kexts, I backed up my machine to Time Machine and attempted to upgrade from Monterey > Ventura via Software Update. After spending some time downloading the installer I always get "Failed to prepare the software update. Please try again". Trying again doesn't help.

I wondered if it was a space issue but my local SSD has 200+GB free. Does anyone have any suggestions, please? I wondered if there was a direct download link I could fetch the Ventura .pkg / .dmg and try that perhaps?

Thanks

Attachments

• Software_Update.png
    Software_Update.png
    187 KB · Views: 55
I always get "Failed to prepare the software update. Please try again"

This seems to be a random error when updating Ventura. It happened to me today with the macOS 13.6.1 update.

As suggested by someone on discussions.apple.com: log into iCloud with your AppleID and repeat the download.

This worked for me and apparently others. Anyone know how this issue is connected to being logged into iCloud?

Last edited:
Back