Contribute
Register

Failed to detect supported SuperIO chip. No fan speed sensors????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z490m pro-4
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 64 (flashed Vega 56)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello everyone. I'm putting the final touches on my Z490 hack and still have one tiny issue. No Motherboard sensors show up in HWMonitor. The VirtualSMC SuperIO plugin isn't detecting my LPC chip. I just get a message in my verbose boot that says "ssio: @ failed to detect supported SuperIO chip. my chip is Nuvoton nct6796d-e. I suppose since this is a 10th gen board, support might not have been added, but I can't find that documented. I've been through the Opencore guide several times and have yet to solve this. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 665EC2A8-A3C7-4EDF-922F-8ACC9E7AE730_1_105_c.jpeg
    665EC2A8-A3C7-4EDF-922F-8ACC9E7AE730_1_105_c.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 569
I use iStatMenu to have the fans and CPU speed etc shown. I know it isn't cheap but looking great and does also work with VirtualSMC and SuperIO kext.

I use iStatMenu to have the fans and CPU speed etc shown. I know it isn't cheap but looking great and does also work with VirtualSMC and SuperIO kext.

Thanks for the response. My issue is that my SuperIO chip isn't being detected but the SUperIO kext. I did some digging around in the source code and think maybe the device ID for my chip isn't in the code yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back