Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've bought a 4K Display and did not succeed to run it as 4K with Yosemite. So I decided to upgrade to Sierra and crashed my System. I've tried multiveast installation which worked till I needed to reboot. I tried the same with clover and it did not install at all but hang before the installation was over.

I have no additional graphics card in my system. I wanted to buy one when everythin else runs smooth. The bios is the latest 10b. I read in a German forum that it might be wise to dismount my memory banks (just 8 GB instead of 32). I do have a huge cooler in my system and I would need to dismount it just for removing the memory. I do not like to do it as long as it is just a wild guess. What would you propose to try next?

Intel graphics can not adequately run 4k in Windows or OS and the OSX vanilla drivers do not support 4k anyway. It does not take a very powerful graphics card but 2gb of dedicated RAM seems about minimum based on my experience. Apple runs 5k with an anemic notebook GPU but adequate RAM. If you get a last generation Nvidia Maxwell card I assure you 4k runs very well in Sierra with the Nvidia drivers--I am typing on that setup now.

If you follow the instructions you should be able to install on what is presumably a generic chipset without major issues. I do not understand why you would have 32 gbs of ram period, particularly without a dedicated GPU.

I hope that you can read the report of the verbose mode.

Regarding the graphics card: I'm aware that I do need a graphics card. I would love to buy a gtx1050 if there is a driver which runs out of the box in the near future.

Regarding the memory. I'm not gaming with the machine. I've set up a routing machine based on openstreetmap osrm and there you need as much ram as possible ...

Attachments

• IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    884.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Regarding the graphics card: I'm aware that I do need a graphics card. I would love to buy a gtx1050 if there is a driver which runs out of the box in the near future.

Regarding the memory. I'm not gaming with the machine. I've set up a routing machine based on openstreetmap osrm and there you need as much ram as possible ...
When you boot into Clover boot menu, can you see any Recovery HD of Sierra ( created during upgrade) that you can boot into to try and fix the issue seen in verbose boot?

Disable the Serial port (SuperIO) in your BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back