Contribute
Register

Fail to reboot - GA Z77 DS3H / i5 3570K / 8 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance / 256 gb M4 crucial (boot disk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X
CPU
I5
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've build my first Hackintosh, thanks to this amazing website for all the informations I found here.

The OS X installation was a success with Unibeast 2.01. After the installation I launched multibeast 5.3.1 and began to install the audio drivers and other things. I reboot, I launched multibeast again to install other options step by step. But now the computer refuse to boot correctly, after the apple logo, I have like a crash, the screen freezes on a bad/compressed picture of the OS X desktop.

I can't remember which kind of options I've installed with multibeast. How can I check that?

Another problem, before this boot fail, I launched a geek bench, and I saw that the memory speed was not detected, what can I do for that?

I've build my first Hackintosh, thanks to this amazing website for all the informations I found here.

The OS X installation was a success with Unibeast 2.01. After the installation I launched multibeast 5.3.1 and began to install the audio drivers and other things. I reboot, I launched multibeast again to install other options step by step. But now the computer refuse to boot correctly, after the apple logo, I have like a crash, the screen freezes on a bad/compressed picture of the OS X desktop.

I can't remember which kind of options I've installed with multibeast. How can I check that?

Another problem, before this boot fail, I launched a geek bench, and I saw that the memory speed was not detected, what can I do for that?

Well first I'd get it properly installed before you address the memory problem, which can most likely be fixed in the bios. I remember running into the same problem, I would reinstall, do a fresh thing of everything. Except the Unibeast part. When you install and get to multibeast, remember to install NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT under Miscellaneous, AS WELL AS Patched AppleIntelCPUPow... -> OS X 10.8.x.
Remember to install those two. Unless you already did that.

Well first I'd get it properly installed before you address the memory problem, which can most likely be fixed in the bios. I remember running into the same problem, I would reinstall, do a fresh thing of everything. Except the Unibeast part. When you install and get to multibeast, remember to install NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT under Miscellaneous, AS WELL AS Patched AppleIntelCPUPow... -> OS X 10.8.x.
Remember to install those two. Unless you already did that.

There is no reason to install both NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. It is generally one or the other. NullCPU is a good way to go until you are ready to implement full power management (for sleep, speedstep, etc) because that is a bit more complex.

One way to work out which Multibeast options you used is to run Multibeast and if you select an option already installed it will display 'Upgrade' if not it will display 'Install'.

I installed first the NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT but it didn't solve the problem, I had to restart with -x boot flag.

I tried
Patched AppleIntelCPUPow... -> OS X 10.8.x but I had the same result... OS X boots up correctly but the screen looks like that:

IMG_1026.jpg

Any other solution?

For information, I followed this topic for the Installation:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/96536-guide-gigabyte-ga-z77-ds3h-evga-gtx-650-2gb-2.html

I installed first the NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT but it didn't solve the problem, I had to restart with -x boot flag.

I tried
Patched AppleIntelCPUPow... -> OS X 10.8.x but I had the same result... OS X boots up correctly but the screen looks like that:

View attachment 60976

Any other solution?

For information, I followed this topic for the Installation:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/96536-guide-gigabyte-ga-z77-ds3h-evga-gtx-650-2gb-2.html

Hmm... Now that the OS is booting correctly, I'd say that it is now a graphics problem. Do you have the GTX 650?

I think I've found the solution. After the OS X installation, I launched multibeast and apply the modifications but I restarted the computer instead of shutting down. Now the OS seems to boot correctly.

I'll receive my GTX 650 in a few days. I hope it will work properly. :geek:

The problem has not been solved....

I install OS X, I run multibeast, select the options and shutdown. When I boot, everything is OK, but when I shut once more, on the next rebbot, I have the same screen...

I need help... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back