GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone,

I successfully installed high Sierra 10.13.3 on SSD and updated to 10.13.4 on my x48 775 C2Extreme desktop. Basically I can use smoothly without any problem with Nvidia web driver installed, lan and sound also work.

But I got a strange problem, when I start the PC by pressing the power button, i.e. first time starting the computer, high Sierra would get stuck at login screen or apple logo progress bar with movable cursor.

Instead of hard shutting down and boot again, I need to soft reset the system in order to get pass the login screen and enter desktop and finder. The soft reset include choosing reset option in clover, press the computer reset button, enter the bios and quit saving or without saving, etc. Simply speaking, I get stuck at second stage boot logo and I can even get pass verbose mode prompts if I type -v in clover.

I try to configure some power management setup in bios but none of them helps. Besides I also can't shutdown the high Sierra occasionally by choosing the finder apple logo then shutdown, would they be the same problem?

p.s. I got a 250gb sata western digital WD2500JS-08NCB1 hdd fail to recognize in disk utility, swap to other sata port can't get it readable. I can read this hdd in my windows 10 partition, does that mean I miss some sata kexts or drivers?

Attach is the login screen stuck and clover config.plist, thanks all!

EDIT: found that cpus=1 bootflag solves the problem, but this also means a great efficiency loss.

My system:
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Core 2 Extreme QX9650 C0
4 x Kingston DDR2 800ghz Ram
Galaxy GTX460 1GB
120GB SSD Leven JS500120C, high Sierra installed
250GB seagate ST3250310AS with win10 installed
250GB WDC WD2500JS-08NCB1, can't recognise in high sierra

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 153
  • screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
p.s. I got a 250gb sata western digital WD2500JS-08NCB1 hdd fail to recognize in disk utility, swap to other sata port can't get it readable. I can read this hdd in my windows 10 partition, does that mean I miss some sata kexts or drivers?
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.

See [Solved] ICH10R and High Sierra and try Fix for ICH10.
Or see [Solved] Drives not showing up in installer "Disk I/O error" and try Apple AHCIPort.kext v328.

Note: AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 will only work if installed in /Library/Extensions and using a kext installer like KextBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back