Contribute
Register

Facetime - The Server Encountered an Error processing registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm freaking out! same thing here...also checked the internet and I'm kinda scared this problem won't have a fix for a while. And I really hope that Legionariopk is wrong about this because my Hack would no longer be worth using without iCloud and the App Store...

This problem started about a month ago for me and I've tried everything to fix it. I just wiped my system clean and started fresh - same problem right out of the gate, so it's definitely not my machine. Looks like Apple may have started a 'ban list'... Still hoping for a fix

UPDATE 2/21/2013: Actually just found the solution - Just update your Chimera to at least 2.0 which includes the iMessage login fix. See my blog entry at http://ricochen.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/hackintosh-imessage-login-error-fix/ for details.

This problem started about a month ago for me and I've tried everything to fix it. I just wiped my system clean and started fresh - same problem right out of the gate, so it's definitely not my machine. Looks like Apple may have started a 'ban list'... Still hoping for a fix
Same here, just did a clean installation of ML 10.8.2 to my HP 4530s and the stupid problem still exists. I too believe Apple is banning the hackintosh community. How sad. I built my first hackintosh a year ago and my hackbook pro (hp probook, screen upgraded to 1080p) later on. I've been buying ipod touch, iPads, iPhone and paying $ for OSX since Snow Leopard and what I got is broken iMessages and Facetime. At this point I am asking myself - should I remain Apple fanboy?

Do you have a Hardware UUID with your mac? You kinda need one if you want to use iMessage and I guess FaceTime now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back