Contribute
Register

Facetime on Hackintosh Lion

Is Your Facetime Working on Lion (Hackintosh)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me.
mac to iPhone
iPhone to mac

Thanks!

Update!!! FaceTime is now working.

The problem was I have an EMU 0404 sound card using the KXaudio.kext and didn't have my onboard sound Sigmatel STAC927D4 turned on in the BIOS. I then enabled this onboard sound in the BIOS and used the VoodooHDA.kext to enable it to use in Lion.

Now I can have onboard sound for FaceTime and use my EMU 0404 for Logicpro.

Now FaceTime works 100%. Just incase anyone has the same problems. FaceTime in Lion needs to use onboard sound.

Hi,

I used installed chimera 1.5.4 to fix FaceTime registration. After Installation FaceTime was working like a charm.

But then a few days later my hard drive crashed so i had to replace my hard drive. after fresh installing lion i restored my machine from the time machine backup. Since the restore FaceTime is not working for me. It gives me the same "Server encountered a problem" even on Chimera 1.5.4

I really want to use my FaceTime again. please help me with the same.

Thanks.

Facetime Error message : "The server encountered an error processing registration please try again later"

Here's averything i tried so far :

1. Downgrade from Chimera 1.10 to Chameleon rc5 755
-> computer reboots fine (renamed /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist) but facetime doesnt work and displays the same exact message.

2. Time settings
everything is set in automatic and the time is fine. Facetime doesn't work

3. DNS Trick
changed my ISP DNS to the Google ones (8.8.8.8 + 8.8.4.4) and facetime.. doesn't work

4. Clearing the settings
- erased all settings in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration , rebooted, and facetime.. doesn't work

5. Clearing the settings + erasing network cards
- i have 2 network cards, deleted them both, recreated them, tried one by one ... no luck... facetime.. doesn't work

6. Certificate creation in keychains (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/31 ... 0&tstart=0)
tried to create the "registrationV1" certificate in the keychain
and facetime.. doesn't work

APPSTORE works fine, Ichat works fine, everything is just perfect except for that foookin Facetime registration error.

Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back