NVIDIA GTX760
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

Post updating to 10.9.1 FaceTime has stopped recognizing the sound input from my USB Camera (A logitec c920).

Under 10.9.0 it worked fine, and in 10.9.1 I can see in preferences that I have sound input. It just doesn't get picked up when I use FaceTime.

Has anyone seen this issue or have any ideas as to a fix?

Cheers

UPDATE: So, it turned out the sound issue was due to the input and output sample rates being out of sync. Using the Audio/Midi Setup utility I re-synced the in and out rates (and made an aggregated audio device too) and all is back to right. Not sure how it went out of sync in the first place but if anyone has the same issue try looking to this.

Hi, I've got a Logitech C910 and I'm having the exact same problem in Mavericks 10.9.2, i.e. Audio input isn't working in FaceTime. I can hear them, but they can't hear me. The Logitech Microphone is working because it shows up in the Sounds menu on System Preferences. How exactly did you fix the problem please? Could you post some screen grabs of your midi settings too? I think a lot of Logitech Camera owners are affected by this.

Thanks,
Joe

Fixed: Ignore my last post. The solution was far more simpler than I thought.

1. Open FaceTime
2. Click the Video tab from the Menu
3. Select Logitech Camera from the Microphone section
4. Done

I've posted a screen grab too. Hope this helps someone else out.

Attachments

• facetime_no_audio_fix.png
    facetime_no_audio_fix.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 95
UPDATE: So, it turned out the sound issue was due to the input and output sample rates being out of sync. Using the Audio/Midi Setup utility I re-synced the in and out rates (and made an aggregated audio device too) and all is back to right. Not sure how it went out of sync in the first place but if anyone has the same issue try looking to this.

@Ajax01 I also have the C920 and am using 10.9.2 and am not getting audio from the built in mic. I know the mic works because it shows up in sound input under system preferences and I can see the meter bounce when I talk. Can you give some detail on what you did? I am not very familiar with Audio/Midi utility. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back