Contribute
Register

FaceTime is not working (it worked by today fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA H97 D3H
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
GTX780Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using MB & UB. By today the only thing that didn't work was iMessage. Now FaceTime is not working also (it is trying to connect ant nothing happen).
iCloud works fine by the way..

How can i fix it?
Thank you

iMessage & FaceTime will NOT work on Yosemite using the Chameleon/Chimera bootloader.
The FileNVRAM.dylb file needs to be updated but the developer said he has no plans on fixing it.

You'll need to use Clover as a bootloader at this time if you want them to work.

iMessage & FaceTime will NOT work on Yosemite using the Chameleon/Chimera bootloader.
The FileNVRAM.dylb file needs to be updated but the developer said he has no plans on fixing it.

You'll need to use Clover as a bootloader at this time if you want them to work.
Will it work with Chameleon/Chimera?
I dont know how to switch to clover. I didn't understend how to

My FaceTime works fine on 10.10.2 using multibeast/unibeast. The only part of FT that does not work is my iPhone handoff. I can answer the call and hear the other end, but they can not hear me. iMessage does not work.

I can also report that FaceTime is working for me (10.10.2). iMessage was a bust as it just keeps giving me the "network error" message. When I upgraded my Mavericks to Yosemite (I did not do a clean install) I tried Messages and that didn't work as others have mentioned, but I never tried FaceTime as I thought that was broken too under Chameleon/Chimera. I had also set up 2 step verification before I upgraded to Yosemite. When I tried FaceTime after the upgrade I got a message saying that I needed to set up an app specific password due to the 2 step verification. I went to the Apple ID site and set up the password for FaceTime (actually it uses the same password for both Messages and FaceTime). Lo and behold FaceTime worked when I entered the new password created by Apple. I then opened Messages and the weird part was that it showed that I was signed in to my account, BUT I was still inactive. I tried using the new password, but that didn't work and got the same "network error" message. Well at least FaceTime works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back