Graphics
HD3000 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got the problem with high processor temperatures (absolute minimum was 47C, under Windows as well) on my HP ProBook 4330s. I read about someone having that problem after updateingto F20 Bios. Since I have this BIOS version I thought about updateing to F23. Is anyone succesfully running Lion with this BIOS and F20 custom dsdt?

EDIT: Just to note it for everyone else:
Since I am little bit worried about these CPU tempereatures I risked my Lion and updated the BIOS to F23. Temperatures are still high but Lion seems to work as it worked.

--
EDIT: Once again, to warn you, I already experienced once bluetooth not working after reboot which didn't happen when I used F20 bios.
--
EDIT: Bluetooth usually works, but bigger problem is that sleep is not working at all (waking up = normal boot)

blaraka said:
I've got the problem with high processor temperatures (absolute minimum was 47C, under Windows as well) on my HP ProBook 4330s. I read about someone having that problem after updateingto F20 Bios. Since I have this BIOS version I thought about updateing to F23. Is anyone succesfully running Lion with this BIOS and F20 custom dsdt?
oh, I used to upgraded my bios to F23 and it can not work correctly, and i decide to dowgrade it to f20. Now, i'm enjoy it

How did you manage to downgrade?

blaraka said:

Just use the Probook BIOS F.20 installer to create a bootable USB flash drive, boot the BIOS updater from it and ignore the warning that "once upgraded, it cannot be downgraded". Worked for me too. Now when I go to the BIOS Setup, it shows "F.20".

blaraka said:
No need to restore to a ubs pen, i just google "bios f20 for hp probook 4530s", then install. Make sure that your battery be full, or your computer is charging. Next, enjoy!

truongbavietnhan said:

if you are dual booted with windows all you have to do is download the f.20 bios and install it, thats it. I had f.23 twice and downgraded both times with no problem, just installing the .exe

Thanks for the info.
I downgraded but now I am not sure if that was a good decision and I think about upgrading it back :D
In the end, after some BIOS settings restarts, sleep worked with F23. Bluetooth was not up after boot twice or so but i'm using it rarely.
On the other hand (but I'm not sure if that's not just a coincidence) - I think USB3 worked better with F23. The moment I downgraded to F20 usb3 drive disconnected twice in two hours again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back