Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am trying to update my system to Mojave and am having issues with F12 and Clover.
The Clover Boot manager now looks different, and does not allow me to boot from a USB...
I am also unable to select an Apple Os Hard-drive. (Now it is Window's only if I go through the BIOS and set the windows hard drive as a default.)

Trying to get to the Boot menu:
My system sends me to a black screen once I push F12. I have been researching other threads and this appears to be a common issue with Gigabyte motherboards and there is no real solution that I have found.

What am I missing?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
CPU: i7-6700K
Graphics: GTX 970
RAM: 32GB

Attachments

• IMG_7380.JPG
    IMG_7380.JPG
    743.4 KB · Views: 44
Normally you can go into the full BIOS, and there's a Boot screen where you can specify the order of boot devices. If you leave your thumb drive plugged in the entire time, you can set the #1 boot option to boot UEFI from the flash drive (perhaps named by the brand of the drive, e.g. for me it's Boot UEFI from Lexar blah blah blah).

That change may only last as long as you have the flash drive plugged in, but it should be enough to get you into the install.

Hum.... Now my screen doesn't work on the reboot... :crazy:
Think I need to troubleshoot from the beginning.... o_O

So I am starting to think that something may be wrong with the Motherboard / BIOS setup.

Being that the original F12 issue was a systemic issue with Gigabyte, I tried to restart the motherboard by removing the battery and dumping the memory for the BIOS Setup. No luck. The screen is still black and the system is not booting properly.

I found this link and will be trouble shooting today.

http://www.centralislip.k12.ny.us/U...r Pages/Lindsay Dolezal/IT Essentials/5.6.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back