Graphics
Intel 4600 & nvidia GTX660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can't seem to get EyeTV to work properly on my hackintosh. It stutters like crazy, but the odd thing is that when I mouse down on a menu, the stuttering stops. As soon as I release the mouse button, stuttering resumes.

I've tried running as a different user with no add-ons, disabled all kinds of stuff, etc. I noticed a thread here with info about HDMI and stuttering with airplay, but I don't have Airplay devices running. All my other video stuff from VLC to Quicktime to whatever else I can find works. And EyeTV stutters with live TV and previous recordings. I essentially cloned my hackintosh from an iMac also running 10.9.1, where EyeTV works fine.

It's really stumped me, especially the mouse down thing.

same here! i don't even have to hold down the mouse button. any opened dropdown menu works to let it run smoothly. do you also have a unusually high cpu percentage on the coreaudiod process? mine is about 10% all the time. even without eyetv running. are you using alc898?

Yes to the coreaudiod; hadn't noticed that before. Intermittent though. And I am using alc898. It will often leap up to maybe 30 when the audio stutters.

Any ideas? I sent a bunch of stuff out to EyeTV, and they were stumped. Thing is that the same thing was happening on my 2010 iMac, but it seems OK now. Although I didn't make any changes that I recall (except to upgrade to 10.9.3). I wondered if it had something to do with AirPlay, but I'm not using that. Aargh.

Same here - had it since I built my Hack.
I'm playing video from a NetStream and thought it was network related, but have concluded it's something weird just with this app as all other video and audio play fine.
Bummer.

No problems here, using Elgato Eye Tv straight from the satellite to my system, via the USB input. This is on my Z77N-Wifi and Yosemite. Make sure that your graphics/audio are correct and functioning correctly.

Got to be one of the best devices I've purchased.

There is an update to the software for Yosemite on the Elgato website - Link

I've tried using USB; didn't help BUT I'm using the audio extenstions from the Mavericks iteration of Multibeast, whatever the last one was before Yosemite's version.

And EyeTV exhibited the same stuttering on an iMac running Mavericks. I had migrated to the hackintosh from that machine, so had similar software. But I hadn't used it with EyeTV, so I switched the EyeTV hardware over to it, upgraded to Yosemite and latest EyeTV, and now that seems to work.

The really odd thing is that on my hackintosh (still on Mavericks) if I mousedown in any part of the EyeTV software, the stuttering stops. Let go of the mouse button (either right or left) and the stuttering starts again. Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back