Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z77a-GD65
CPU
Intel i7 3770K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Hello everyone,

I have to admit that I am really new to hackintoshing. So, I am sorry if I missed something really obvious.

I have installed high sierra using Clover UEFI (v2.4k - r4411) on my PC and everything is working fine. Except for sleep/wake. Sending my hackintosh to sleep works fine, waking it up, too. But then it runs extremely slow. Super choppy animations, applications start really slow. Performance also gets worse and if i wait too long i cannot even reboot it anymore.
the graphics driver seems to load correctly as the dock is still transparent. CPU load, memory load and HDD utilization seem also fine, nothing out of the ordinary according to the activity monitor. However, internet seems to be broken after wake.

What I tried so far:
- reinstalled high sierra (also on another hdd)
- deleted all kexts which where not vital for booting the system (so i only used FakeSMC)
- removed nvidia web driver
- tried APFS as well as HFS+
- I patched the UEFI to make Intel Speedstep work and that i could get ride of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. That worked fine, but did not help with sleep/wake.
- Smart-Values of the HDDs are fine.
- Under Linux and Windows Sleep/Wake works just fine.
(- i also tried to have a look at the logs. but tbh i did not really know what i was looking for :)

My installed kexts:
- AppleIntelE1000e (for ethernet to work)
- FakeSMC
- VoodooHDA (for audio)

My configuration:
3770k @ stock
MSI Z77A-gd65 (UEFI pachted - Intel Speedstep is working)
16gb ram
MSI GTX 970
HDD 750GB (tried 2 different ones)

I hope that this is the most important information.
I am glad about any advise. I have heard a lot of good things about this forum and the community and maybe someone has a hint to solve this issue.

Many thanks in advance,
Reini

Last edited:
Hi, I would be really grateful for any advise... :(

okay...

Attachments

• OkayGuy.jpg
    OkayGuy.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 94
Hello everyone,

I have to admit that I am really new to hackintoshing. So, I am sorry if I missed something really obvious.

I have installed high sierra using Clover UEFI (v2.4k - r4411) on my PC and everything is working fine. Except for sleep/wake. Sending my hackintosh to sleep works fine, waking it up, too. But then it runs extremely slow. Super choppy animations, applications start really slow. Performance also gets worse and if i wait too long i cannot even reboot it anymore.
the graphics driver seems to load correctly as the dock is still transparent. CPU load, memory load and HDD utilization seem also fine, nothing out of the ordinary according to the activity monitor. However, internet seems to be broken after wake.

What I tried so far:
- reinstalled high sierra (also on another hdd)
- deleted all kexts which where not vital for booting the system (so i only used FakeSMC)
- removed nvidia web driver
- tried APFS as well as HFS+
- I patched the UEFI to make Intel Speedstep work and that i could get ride of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. That worked fine, but did not help with sleep/wake.
- Smart-Values of the HDDs are fine.
- Under Linux and Windows Sleep/Wake works just fine.
(- i also tried to have a look at the logs. but tbh i did not really know what i was looking for :)

My installed kexts:
- AppleIntelE1000e (for ethernet to work)
- FakeSMC
- VoodooHDA (for audio)

My configuration:
3770k @ stock
MSI Z77A-gd65 (UEFI pachted - Intel Speedstep is working)
16gb ram
MSI GTX 970
HDD 750GB (tried 2 different ones)

I hope that this is the most important information.
I am glad about any advise. I have heard a lot of good things about this forum and the community and maybe someone has a hint to solve this issue.

Many thanks in advance,
Reini
you could try checking these out:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.222982/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks, will do

Nope. Sadly not...
But to honest, I also had no time to look into this any further. For now I don't necessarily need "sleep".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back