i7-920 @ 3.64 GHz
Graphics
Sapphire HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In 10.8.0 I also experienced these problems however after replacing the AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext
the boottime was reduced to about 35 secs while using my newly bought SSD.

Now that I reinstalled ML (I wasn't able to update it from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2) I'm stuck with a boottime of 1:39 on my SSD!!!
In 10.8.0 I managed to find a modified bluetooth kext which I can't seem to find anymore.
It really did magic and detected all wireless devices immediately.
Without it, it takes about 10 seconds to detect my devices.

Anyone got a suggestion how to reduce the boottime and time to detect bluetooth devices?

Thanks in Advance,

Ramon

Motherboard
Yosemite
CPU
Intel Core i7 930 @ 4.00
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 260
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi DevillisM,

I'm so fed up with the slow load of bluetooth at boot. I have to wait 20-30 seconds (sometimes more) while the everything else is up.

Just wondering if you ever found that link, or know the fix off the top of your head? :)

I've had the bluetooth slow to load issue for ever now, I'm just used to it I guess. I gave up looking for a solution a while back and came across your post...hoping you can point me to a solution, finally... :)

Anyhow, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
In 10.8.0 I also experienced these problems however after replacing the AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext
the boottime was reduced to about 35 secs while using my newly bought SSD.

Now that I reinstalled ML (I wasn't able to update it from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2) I'm stuck with a boottime of 1:39 on my SSD!!!
In 10.8.0 I managed to find a modified bluetooth kext which I can't seem to find anymore.
It really did magic and detected all wireless devices immediately.
Without it, it takes about 10 seconds to detect my devices.

Anyone got a suggestion how to reduce the boottime and time to detect bluetooth devices?

Thanks in Advance,

Ramon
you can try messing with your kernal cache settings.

Motherboard
P6T Deluxe
CPU
i7-920 @ 3.64 GHz
Graphics
Sapphire HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi seeloesix,

I did manage to solve my bluetooth problem quick after this post and made use of a .kext that is modified by one of the tonymac users.
Sorry, don't remember his name anymore. You can find it >Here<.
Just install with KextBeast and restart.

This worked great for me and with instant Bluetooth available for months.
However, the problem returned a few weeks ago. Probably because of something I installed lately.
Haven't been able to solve it this far.

Either way, give it a try and it probably will solve your bluetooth delay problem.

Motherboard
Yosemite
CPU
Intel Core i7 930 @ 4.00
Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 260
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks DevilisM, apologize for the delayed response, I somehow missed this reply. I wish I would have tested the above .kext, might have corrected this annoyance.

I did however finally solve my issue with new hardware in the last week. I now have all bluetooth devices (trackpad, magic mouse, keyboard) working instantly at boot, ML 10.8.3. I used one of the bluetooth adapters in the guides here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/339-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-march-2013.html

IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
(10.8 Mountain Lion
Only - Wakes from Sleep)

I purchased via Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GFX0PY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Status
Not open for further replies.