Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everybody I'm new to mac world my friend installed lion for me yesterday on my pc and everything works great exact for one thing my External USB Hard Drive doesn't show up on the Desktop and is Read Only...i could see it in the Finder... okay yes i went into the finder's preference and checked the Hard Disks and External Disks... i restarted the computer and still the same thing i took a look at the preferences to make sure and both were still checked...on my Desktop my Hard Drives are there But not my External USB Hard Drive... i also noticed my Windows 7 Drive was read only so i made it Read and Write watching a youtube video it was pretty simple. Now i need to do the same for my External USB Hard Drive but i don't know how instead of UUID its USB Serial Number... i tried searching on google for it but couldn't find it i also don't want to damage anything on my External Usb cause i have a lot of important stuff on it so that why i ask for your help i hope there's a easy way!

You need to understand that Mac doesn't support NTFS write. It only supports read unless you use a third party program. I have a Seagate go flex with USB 3.0. It could be that for example you have not loaded the USB 3.0 drivers as you know that Mac doesn't natively support 3.0. Another thing to check is your BIOS. Other than that make sure that you start out with a vanilla install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back