Contribute
Register

external HDD still spinning after shutdown the system(El Capitan on Z87e-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z87e-ITX
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
GT740
Dear all

Thanks for WonkeyDonkey’s great work(https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/z87e-itx-updates.117344/), I installed OS X 10.11 (15A284) on my Asrock Z87e-ITX.

Here are the system details: ASROCK Z87e-ITX, BIOS 2.30A, I7 4790 (no K), Geforce GT740, Kingston 8GB 1600 x2, DW1510 Half-mini wifi card, Samsung 850 evo 250G, Unibeast and Multibeast mathod.

My BIOS settings and Multibeast settings are same to WonkeyDonkey’s on his post “Asrock Z87e-ITX updates”.

At the first, the system always reboot after sleep. I remove the original wifi card to solve the problem, and follow WonkeyDonkey’s guide to buy a DW1510. But I never see bluetooth device on (/about this mac/system report/hardware//USB) page.

Thanks to RehabMan’s great work (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All), I made my own DSDT(rename EHC1 to EH01; rename EHC2 to EH02) and SSDT (customized for USBinjectall.kext) solved the wrong USB 3.0 mapping and power issue. But the bluetooth still no. The seller of the DW1510 on Taobao.com (like eBay.com in China) told me, there is no bluetooth function on the card I bought. Maybe there are different kinds of DW1510, WonkeyDonkey’s has Bluetooth, Mine has not. Anyway bluetooth is not important to me.

Q1: Since I don’t use HDMI monitor, I didn’t check if HDMI audio is OK. But the fix method on WonkeyDonkey’s guide, DESKTOP-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1(Toleda) and Airport -Broadcom-BCM9432x(Toleda), I can’t find any clue to find them and apply them(maybe deprecated). If anyone knows the new way to solve HDMI audio problem (and bluetooth problem) , I’m happy to try.

After some days, I cannot power down the system. It reboots up after power down. I use clover configurator to open config.plist in EFI/CLOVER, and check FixShutdown_0004 on ACPI page. The power down issue gone away.

Q2: Now the biggest problem is: After I power down my computer, My HDD on USB3.0 HDD bay is still spining, My portable USB3.0 external drive is runing too. Very strange. I eject my portable usb3.0 drive on desktop(right click menu), but in Disk Utility, the usb 3.0 drive is still there, and it only turns grey. You can select the gray disk then press mount, it will appear on you desktop again. It looks like you can never actually remove the usb3.0 drive. It only disappears on desktop, but it still running. In (System Preference/Energy Saver) page, I check “put hard disks to sleep when possible”, but it doesn’t work on my Hackintosh. It does not make any difference.

Q3: I read RehabMan’s posts about patching DSDT. I hope I can solve the problem by working on DSDT or SSDT, but the posts i found are all for laptop. I can’t find DSDT patching info about desktop system. I don’t understand why.

Can somebody here give me some help? It’s really painful to see something not perfect. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 69
Q2: Now the biggest problem is: After I power down my computer, My HDD on USB3.0 HDD bay is still spining, My portable USB3.0 external drive is runing too. Very strange.
This sounds like a feature to allow things like power on with a keyboard press or mouse click and to charge external devices while the computer is powered down. Check your motherboard manual and you may be able to disable it in your BIOS settings.

This sounds like a feature to allow things like power on with a keyboard press or mouse click and to charge external devices while the computer is powered down. Check your motherboard manual and you may be able to disable it in your BIOS settings.
Thanks for reply. Sorry, I didn't make clear.
First, My external usb3.0 drive never goes to sleep. “put hard disks to sleep when possible” option in system preference doesn't work.
Second, I EJECT the drive on desktop(or Finder) via right click menu, the drive is still on DISK UTILITY. It turns grey. You can select it then press MOUNT button to bring it back on my desktop. It cannot be really killed.
Third, after I SHUTDOWN the computer via menu, the usb3.0 drive is still spinning. I have to POWER DOWN the computer physically, unplug the power cord, to power down the usb3.0 drive.
It's morning in China now, I'll check the BIOS setting in this evening. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back