i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I've got an external HD WD Essentials 3TB, NTFS formatted under windows.

I'm using the kext provided with Multibeast for USB 3.0, and the drive (three partitions) is recognized and files can be read (actually I can write files too using Paragon NTFS for MAC).

But very often, after some minutes or hours, and without using the drives, they disappear from desktop and a message telling drives has been ejected incorrectly pops up (something like that, my OS X it's not in english). If I turn off the drive and on again, drives appear in the desktop, but, ALWAYS, no files are found in some of the partitions (sometimes no files in partition 1, sometimes in 2, P3 has no files in it). Once I lost all my files, others, booting under windows 7, it repairs the disk and I can see the files again.

Does anybody can lend me a hand with this problem?

My system:

Intel Core i7 2,95 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
MB: ASUS P55P7D LE
SOUND: Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme
GRAPHICS: Asus NVidia GTX 285 1GB DDR3
Wifi Card: SVEON SNT1015 (Ralink 3070 RT2870) Wireless USB 802.11n

Thanks

Re: External HD USB 3.0 ejected

coalonso said:
Hello,

I've got an external HD WD Essentials 3TB, NTFS formatted under windows.

I'm using the kext provided with Multibeast for USB 3.0, and the drive (three partitions) is recognized and files can be read (actually I can write files too using Paragon NTFS for MAC).

But very often, after some minutes or hours, and without using the drives, they disappear from desktop and a message telling drives has been ejected incorrectly pops up (something like that, my OS X it's not in english). If I turn off the drive and on again, drives appear in the desktop, but, ALWAYS, no files are found in some of the partitions (sometimes no files in partition 1, sometimes in 2, P3 has no files in it). Once I lost all my files, others, booting under windows 7, it repairs the disk and I can see the files again.

Does anybody can lend me a hand with this problem?

My system:

Intel Core i7 2,95 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
MB: ASUS P55P7D LE
SOUND: Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme
GRAPHICS: Asus NVidia GTX 285 1GB DDR3
Wifi Card: SVEON SNT1015 (Ralink 3070 RT2870) Wireless USB 802.11n

Thanks
Does your sleep working fine under OSX with your MoBo? Then maybe it's a sleep issue...might be the USB HD goes to sleep and won't wake up. I had this with my DVD drive a few months ago...the DVD drive after a few minutes disappears from Finders sidebar and won't wake up anymore unless i shutdown my computer. the solution was simple...i disabled sleep for HD's but sleep works always fine after that

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-25 um 07.43.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-25 um 07.43.10.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 185
Re: External HD USB 3.0 ejected

coalonso said:
It seems to be solved that way.

Thank you very much.
That's fine. You're welcome...and pls can you set this thread to solved? Just edit the 1st post and change the topic to [SOLVED] External HD USB 3.0 ejected

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back