Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp Probook 4440
CPU
I3 3110m
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024
:clap:So I created this Hackintosh on my Probook 4440s I3 months ago and it had been until a month ago working perfectly. Then one day it wouldn't boot.boot device found hard disk 3f0. Fixed that by installing chameleon boot loader replacing chimera boot,guess thats what worked. Anyway it worked and all was well,well until I plugged in my Lacie D2 Quadra 500 gb external hd and it wouldn't mount any of my 4 usb ports. Oddly enough when I plug in my usb hub then connect it it shows like normal. It has always worked with no problem but since the boot loader problem this is the only way I can use it. Please help me get things back to normal. thanks in advance.

:clap:So I created this Hackintosh on my Probook 4440s I3 months ago and it had been until a month ago working perfectly. Then one day it wouldn't boot.boot device found hard disk 3f0. Fixed that by installing chameleon boot loader replacing chimera boot,guess thats what worked. Anyway it worked and all was well,well until I plugged in my Lacie D2 Quadra 500 gb external hd and it wouldn't mount any of my 4 usb ports. Oddly enough when I plug in my usb hub then connect it it shows like normal. It has always worked with no problem but since the boot loader problem this is the only way I can use it. Please help me get things back to normal. thanks in advance.

We have not used Chimera in a long time anyway (used Chameleon for a while, but now Clover)..

Refer to guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

So another words you can't help because it's not supported anymore? I need to upgrade to clover boot? Well I have any problems installing it over the Chamaeleon boot loader or does it automatically replace it?

So another words you can't help because it's not supported anymore? I need to upgrade to clover boot? Well I have any problems installing it over the Chamaeleon boot loader or does it automatically replace it?

Transitioning to Clover is at your option.

There are two guides for Mavericks:

Chameleon: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

The Chameleon -> Clover transition is covered in the Clover guide.

Last question for this thread and most important one. Will this help resolve my external hard drive issue because if not I don't see the purpose in upgrading if I'm not having any problems with that now outside of that. Or are there benefits of upgrading to Clover that I'm just unaware of

Last question for this thread and most important one. Will this help resolve my external hard drive issue because if not I don't see the purpose in upgrading if I'm not having any problems with that now outside of that. Or are there benefits of upgrading to Clover that I'm just unaware of

I do not have the ability to predict the future.

There are many benefits of Clover. Some of them are listed in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back