Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC NUC7i5BNH (ESXi Host)
Graphics
Integrated/On-Board Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'm having a problem. This morning I could mount my external HD and Zoom (audio recorder). Now I can't mount anything at all. USB works for my iPhone, keyboard and mouse.... Any ideas?

P.S. They both mount on my 10.7.0 MacBook Pro...

You're sure they're not mounting right? Only reason I ask is that by default Lion has it set so that mounted drives don't appear on the desktop by default. They don't appear at all in Finder? Have you tried running disk utility and then repairing the drives/partitions?

-AC3

AC3 said:
You're sure they're not mounting right? Only reason I ask is that by default Lion has it set so that mounted drives don't appear on the desktop by default. They don't appear at all in Finder? Have you tried running disk utility and then repairing the drives/partitions?

-AC3

Yeah, I'm checking in the sidebar of the Finder and in Disk Utility. It's so strange, it will sync/charge my iPhone and is working with my USB camera/bluetooth mouse/wired keyboard. I have two diff ext drives, both USB and they will not mount anymore... Did not install kexts or anything of that nature.... Seems like a lot of people with newer real Macs are having this problem too... and like I said before, they both work on my MacBook Pro.

What about forcing mount via terminal? You have to use code something like this:

Code:
mkdir /Volumes/MyHardDrive
sudo umount -f /dev/disk1s1

Only thing is that you have to use
Code:
diskutil list
before you do anything so you can figure out what the correct disk and partition is to put in where it says disk1s1 above.

-AC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back