Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When i run the kext utility im presented with errors on /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/FakeSMCKeyStore.kext
and
/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
saying something like the extensions not verified but will be loaded, and advise me to get an software update for that extension.
Is this normal? will it be fixed?

Ps: i used Multibeast for the installation.

Thanks in advance.

When i run the kext utility im presented with errors on /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/FakeSMCKeyStore.kext
and
/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
saying something like the extensions not verified but will be loaded, and advise me to get an software update for that extension.
Is this normal? will it be fixed?

Ps: i used Multibeast for the installation.

Thanks in advance.

It is normal. It will be fixed only if a work around is crafted and/or the kexts are signed. Since signing a kext with a dev cert would tie the kext to an individual, that seems unlikely. At any rate, you can simply ignore the message. It is inconsequential.

ok RehabMan. Thanks for your quick reply.
i'll ignore it.

At any rate, you can simply ignore the message. It is inconsequential.
I too have seen these warning messages. They are inconsequential for now.... until Apple lock down this policy and insist that the kexts are signed by devs in the future. So open source kexts (such as FakeSMC) will have a hard time getting approval from Apple to receive the certificates.

I fear dark clouds are looming for the hackingtosh community unless the devs can find a round these certificates. Let's hope so.

I too have seen these warning messages. They are inconsequential for now.... until Apple lock down this policy and insist that the kexts are signed by devs in the future. So open source kexts (such as FakeSMC) will have a hard time getting approval from Apple to receive the certificates.

I fear dark clouds are looming for the hackingtosh community unless the devs can find a round these certificates. Let's hope so.

No dark clouds... because there are ways around it (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back