Contribute
Register

Extensions Management - Are there useless Extensions that shuold be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT740 SC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm just wondering if there are many needless Extensions that should be removed? and if so, where would I find info on what can be removed. For instance, I seem to have a number 'AMD' ext's. Are they necessary, can they cause problems?

I realize these are a delicate matter, but are there any guidelines I can use to avoid conflicts and gain more stability? to remove any clearly unnecessary Extensions?

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 3.46.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-20 at 3.46.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-20 at 3.47.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-20 at 3.47.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-20 at 3.48.00 PM.png

I realize these are a delicate matter, but are there any guidelines to streamline my needs?

And what would those be?

I realize these are a delicate matter, but are there any guidelines to streamline my needs?
And what would those be?

Sorry, this was worded vaguely. Maybe this makes more sense -

I realize these are a delicate matter, but are there any guidelines I can use to avoid conflicts and gain more stability? to remove any clearly unnecessary Extensions?

Lemme make sure I understand you correctly.

You want to remove parts of the operating system that are there for a reason to "gain more stability"? If Apple thought they were "Unnecessary" and could cause problems, wouldn't they have logic in the OS to remove them?

Extensions Management - Are there useless Extensions that should be removed?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mbarbat

Lemme make sure I understand you correctly.

You want to remove parts of the operating system that are there for a reason to "gain more stability"? If Apple thought they were "Unnecessary" and could cause problems, wouldn't they have logic in the OS to remove them?

I just thought that since a the Extensions needed to be adjusted/refined via MultiBeast in order for a Hackintosh to be able to run on a PC Platform, that there may be some additional/extraneous Extensions provided by MAC that may be unnecessary or may cause conflicts. I'm clearly no expert, but I wondered if having Extensions that seem to run AMD were necessary while running on Intel. Also are ALL Extensions for Graphics/Audio required, or may some of them conflict with my Nvidia driver. If this is not the case, then that's fine, I was just curious. I certainly don't want to remove anything that is essential to the operating system.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's any "extraneous" extensions, they are not causing any problems, as long as you have installed and configured your system correctly.

A Windows analogy would be - Would you delete drivers out of the drivers cache that Windows is not using? :)

Extensions are no different. They may be there but unless they are being used and are causing problems, I wouldn't tinker with them. In fact, removing them may break updates from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back