Graphics
IGFX HD4000 and XFX 7850 Double D 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys. I recently added another U2410 monitor to my computer ( finally got my paycheck ) and I connected it to my hackintosh. When I connected it tho, the monitor would power on and work in Windows 8, would show the bootloader, and the bios. The weird stuff happened once I got Mountain Lion up and running. The screen would remain gray and no windows, folders, or background would show up. The thing that really got me was that the curser would be showing up?!

Here is what I've done so far, I've tried different connectors to my HD7850 card (HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort) . I also have both monitors working under Windows 8 flawlessly. It's even registering under OSX ! The display is detected. Same settings as my primary monitor (also U2410).

I honestly have no clue what could be wrong... Anyone have any suggestions ?? :crazy: o_O

Hi guys. I recently added another U2410 monitor to my computer ( finally got my paycheck ) and I connected it to my hackintosh. When I connected it tho, the monitor would power on and work in Windows 8, would show the bootloader, and the bios. The weird stuff happened once I got Mountain Lion up and running. The screen would remain gray and no windows, folders, or background would show up. The thing that really got me was that the curser would be showing up?!

Here is what I've done so far, I've tried different connectors to my HD7850 card (HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort) . I also have both monitors working under Windows 8 flawlessly. It's even registering under OSX ! The display is detected. Same settings as my primary monitor (also U2410).

I honestly have no clue what could be wrong... Anyone have any suggestions ?? :crazy: o_O

Sounds like you need use the screen rotate trick. Here's an app I found to do so for dual monitors. Add this app to your list of Login Items and it will automatically run when you boot up to enable both displays.

Dil83

Attachments

• ScreenRotateDual.app.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
OMG your a genius!! I thought that could be the problem but I didn't realize that there was a different app to use for dual monitors...
It works great now. Thanks!!! :lol::p

Are you running 2 monitors or 3? I just got this card as a replacement for a 6870 and I need to be running 3 monitors. What did you end up doing to finally get it working correctly?

Have you tried 3 monitors?

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back