Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Following Tony´s AMAZING probook sucess, I would like to compile a list of working Expresscard adaptors and devices.
If you wish to collaborate, please post the following information:

-Laptop model you own.

-Expresscard type, make and model. If it is a generic brand, please indicate which chipset is it based on.

-Did it worked Out Of the Box? If not, how did you make it work?

The results will be published on list form, as it follows:

LAPTOP MODEL
Expresscard type
Make, Model, and instructions if any.

Thank you very much.

Emilio from Argentina.

Player_L said:
Following Tony´s AMAZING probook sucess, I would like to compile a list of working Expresscard adaptors and devices.
If you wish to collaborate, please post the following information:

-Laptop model you own.

-Expresscard type, make and model. If it is a generic brand, please indicate which chipset is it based on.

-Did it worked Out Of the Box? If not, how did you make it work?

The results will be published on list form, as it follows:

LAPTOP MODEL
Expresscard type
Make, Model, and instructions if any.

Thank you very much.

Emilio from Argentina.

HP Probook 4530s

Connected a 5850 Extreme through an DIY eGPU. Worked out of the box with Chimera 1.6.x bootloader. Cinebench scores ~25fps with the i3. I will test with i7 and provide info

4530s (2.2GHz i3, 500GB HDD) / OS X 10.6.8

MOTU's HDX-SDI video capture/monitoring box works!!!

http://www.motu.com/video-products/hdx-sdi

I downloaded and installed the drivers and software with no hangups! I was able to connect a camera via HD-SDI to the HDX-SDI (Panasonic HPX-170), and monitor the output via 1080p external monitor through HDMI!!! I tested this at work and peoples jaws were hitting the floor when I told them how much I paid for my laptop :lol:

Side note: Having an expresscard slot that worked was a big factor for me when deciding to buy a 4530s.

4530s i7 ,, lion 1072
2 Port 1394 1394B FireWire 800 card with a Texas instruments chip set

worked out the box, using it with a motu 828 mk2 works great
best 14 pounds I've spent in ages

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180763067159? ... 902wt_1040

just found I cant use the hdmi with the card in Doh ,,, 1 right angled hdmi lead on the way :)

from the ebay link you posted, there looks to be a power jack on the side. i would imagine that is for a 12v DC input from a wall wart. the info that came with the card should confirm that. i have a different brand of firewire express card, and it specifies 12v dc, up to 2 amps. you could take the express card to radio shack, and buy a power supply and the proper size tip for your card.

which eSATA card works with OSX and 4530s?
optimal will be one with USB 3 or one that does not stick out out of the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back