Contribute
Register

Experimentation may go wrong – any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Asus GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I'm actually building my Hackintosh with the following components:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
i7 3770
Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II
and other less important stuff (16 GB RAM, 2 SDDs, optical drive, PSU, coolers, case... Everything has been approved somewhere in this forum).

Because of snail mail issues, I had to wait for the graphic card, so I did a first installation of OS 10.8.1 a week ago, and everything was ok (well, I had no time to test things like audio or sleeping/awakening behaviour, but I got my 24" screen to work with the main board Intel graphic, I did Multibeast, my software worked etc.).

Today I installed the GTX 670. Since then, after choosing MacOS at startup, I get a quick message:

"Error: nVidia Rom patching failed!"

and then

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button..."

So I thought the solution may be a new OS installation with the graphic card installed. But nothing changes. My display is still connected to the main board graphic, otherwise (trying to use the GTX 670) I see nothing.

Maybe I should tell you my plan with this computer: I've got two 24" displays, and I'd like to use one of them with MacOS, using the on board graphic (for everyday's work), and the other one with Windows 7 installed on the second SSD using the GTX 670 (for gaming).

Somebody has got an idea how to make this work?

Try this.
In BIOS settings under BIOS Features - set PCI ROM Priority to Legacy ROM
In BIOS under Peripherals - set Init Display First to PEG and Internal Graphics to disabled.
Save and exit, continue boot.

Many thanks for the advice. I tried it, but without success. My solution for now is to put Graphic Enabler = no, but with this I can't use the HD4000. Well, no harm done because the GTX 670 works with MacOS 10.8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back