Graphics
amd radeon hd 7970 dualx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here's my experience about this guide .Im using a gigabyte z97x-ud7-th motherboard with i7 4790k and a Nvidia geforce gtx 770 4gb and i have a dual monitor setup .This is what happen first i made a clover bootable usb with nvidia config plist attached and uefi booting settings indicated on this thread or guide and no problem i was able to install yosemite on my samsung evo ssd but the problem is the other monitor connected on my nvidia via hdmi cannot detect any signal so what i did next was to use the basic or standard plist with the same clover usb (uefi setting) but unfortunately i didnt reached the installation screen or at least that's what i remembered or maybe i was just impatient.Its either of the two.As i said earlier, i succesfully installed yosemite with nvidia config plist but no airplay mirroring and doesnt detect my second monitor then 10.10.1 came out so i decided to use legacy mode cause it says on this guide that is the most reliable for gigabyte 9 series motherboard and this what happened:
Clover USB with legacy mode settings + intel hd4600 config plist = reached installation screen with second monitor detected and succesfully installed 10.10.1 to my ssd.problem:after installation of 10.10.1 on ssd then boot to clover usb with legacy mode settings it wont recognize or detect the yosemite boot drive.
Clover USB with legacy mode settings + basic or standard config plist = reached installation screen with second monitor detected and succesfully installed 10.10.1 to my ssd.problem:after installation of 10.10.1 on ssd then boot to clover usb with legacy mode settings it wont recognize or detect the yosemite boot drive.
Clover USB with legacy mode settings + nvidia config plist= reached installation screen with no signal on hdmi connected on nvidia at the second monitor and succesfully installed 10.10.1 to my ssd.problem:after installation of 10.10.1 on ssd then boot to clover usb with legacy mode settings it wont recognize or detect the yosemite boot drive.
After what i said and posted here are my questions:
What did do wrong ?
Current buid(really wish to multiboot windows 8.1,yosemite and linux all in a seperate ssds)
i7 4790k
32gb kingston hyperx 1600 mhz
nvidia geforce gtx 770 4gb
Ga-z97x-ud7-th
aerocool 1100 watt haswell ready psu
bios version f4
Hope someone can help me

Reinstall so you get it working again, where you got to this:

i was able to install yosemite on my samsung evo ssd but the problem is the other monitor connected on my nvidia via hdmi cannot detect any signal

Then lets deal with your HDMI not working. It may just be a matter of setting "inject Nvidia" with Clover configurator AFTER your system is booting from the HD.

As for Airplay Mirroring not working that depends on your system definition I believe. But one thing at a time.

Reinstall so you get it working again, where you got to this:

Then lets deal with your HDMI not working. It may just be a matter of setting "inject Nvidia" with Clover configurator AFTER your system is booting from the HD.

As for Airplay Mirroring not working that depends on your system definition I believe. But one thing at a time.
Yehey Ive successfully have an almost 90% working customac .In my case, i made it work by installing yosemite on legacy mode to have airplay mirroring enabled(the purpose of legacy mode install) then first boot after clean install boot using a clover usb at uefi booting only setting.
Now back to drawing board .I hope i can enable hdmi audio ,iMessage ,iCloud and Mac Appstore.Hope Ill be successful .thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back