Contribute
Register

EVGA or Gigabyte X58 motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here are some pictures of the powder coating I had done on the case. My girlfriend's father works for a fabrication company and did this for free. I have assembled the case and sleeved all of the internal cables. I'll take a few more pictures of the entire case and post those soon.

Attachments

• DSCF5294.JPG
    DSCF5294.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • DSCF5305.JPG
    DSCF5305.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • DSCF5297.JPG
    DSCF5297.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
Wow man love the coating, but where did you get that case in the first place? I don't see any cases sold like that anymore.

jimx86 said:
Wow man love the coating, but where did you get that case in the first place? I don't see any cases sold like that anymore.

It's a Lian LI PC-A05N case.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112219

I just stripped it down and powder coated the interior parts black. I then reassembled the case. The exterior is brushed aluminum and the interior is the powder coated black. I plan on putting a window on the side of the case to show off the interior. More than likely I'll make a custom window shaped like the "Apple" logo.

Rakuun said:
I just stripped it down and powder coated the interior parts black. I then reassembled the case. The exterior is brushed aluminum and the interior is the powder coated black. I plan on putting a window on the side of the case to show off the interior. More than likely I'll make a custom window shaped like the "Apple" logo.

Cool! Maybe I'm just not used to seeing a stripped down case.
Sounds like you're a case modder, huh? ;)
I myself can't mod a case to save my life so I just buy the ones that look like they're pre-modded.

Sounds like you're a case modder, huh?

Yes, I am. I've just grown tired of the Window$ OS and all of it's bloated "features". It seems to get slower every day I use it. The Window$ registry is really a piece of ancient software and honestly the entire OS needs a complete rewrite instead of just adding "features" and a new "improved" GUI.

Rakuun said:
Yes, I am. I've just grown tired of the Window$ OS and all of it's bloated "features". It seems to get slower every day I use it. The Window$ registry is really a piece of ancient software and honestly the entire OS needs a complete rewrite instead of just adding "features" and a new "improved" GUI.

True, but do you tweak your Windows install? I see it as a necessity after every reformat of the hard drive. It takes about 2 days in all, but is very refreshing once you're done. I have Windows XP booting in 15 seconds and shutting down in 5 seconds. And when I open programs it's so fast that I feel like the computer had read my mind!

All on a Pentium 4 with 512 MB ram... integrated graphics.

jimx86 said:
True, but do you tweak your Windows install? I see it as a necessity after every reformat of the hard drive. It takes about 2 days in all, but is very refreshing once you're done. I have Windows XP booting in 15 seconds and shutting down in 5 seconds. And when I open programs it's so fast that I feel like the computer had read my mind!

Yes, I have tweaked it quite a bit. It is completely customized. What have you done to decrease your boot times?

Rakuun said:
jimx86 said:

Yes, I have tweaked it quite a bit. It is completely customized. What have you done to decrease your boot times?

Edit registry.
Uninstall unused programs.
Clean Hard Drive.
Defrag Hard Drive.
Clean registry.
Defrag registry.
Disable services.
Stop programs from starting on boot.
Shrink the install folder.
Run CCleaner.

Normally I keep this formula secret as I offer this as a pricing plan for PC performance boosting, but revealing the basics shouldn't harm my business too much ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back