CPU
i7-4790K
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[h=3][/h]Who ever tried to work with this video card Evga gtx 970 ftw + at Hackintosh? Tell me please! Map hakintosh works well or have a problem that is not solved?

I've got that exact card and it works great once I got the drivers loaded, which can be tricky since you will need some boot flags to get an installer USB drive to boot with the card installed until you get the web drivers installed.

The biggest issue for me has been a problem with a dual monitor configuration. MacOS will crash and reboot right before the login screen loads unless you unplug one of the monitors before turning on the computer. Once I get to the login screen, I can plug in my second monitor and log in and everything is fine from there. I have not found a solution to this issue.

Finally, an issue with all Nvidia cards that require the web drivers is that the web drivers are good for only a specific version of the OS. System updates should be performed only after verifying compatibility with the web driver or downloading the appropriate version of the driver for the version of MacOS you are about to install. If you don't heed this advice, you may find your system falling back to very basic drivers without any hardware acceleration and your video performance will be very poor even at the desktop until you correct the driver issue.

Boot flags which worked for me on the USB clover installer for Yosemite are "npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1". I also set IGPEnabler to "No" in the clover plist.

Thanx, So the video card works fine on a Hackintosh, the only problem is to work with two monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back