Contribute
Register

EVGA GTX 750 SC from the buyers guide, really works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370xp SLI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i brought an EVGA GTX 750 SC, because it was on the Buyers Guide, but i can not male it to work under 10.10.4 with or without web drivers (latest for the OS release) tried everything, PCIRootUID=1 and etc.

nv_disable=1 let me start without acceleration, but as soon as i start with nvda_drv=1 i boot to black screen....

Please any help this card was in the Buyers guide, i followed the link and brought it.....

I will appreciate any help

the system run perfectly using a GT640 from gigabyte

What smbios are you running?

You mean the bios of the video card?, it's the default that came with the card...

Btw this is for another computer I'm making for my son, it's an 3.7 dual core i3 mounted on B85 gigabyte board.

No I mean smbios, or the system definition is another name for it.

Thanks for your help this is my smbios

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8815U3Z5J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Try using iMac14,2

i brought an EVGA GTX 750 SC, because it was on the Buyers Guide, but i can not male it to work under 10.10.4 with or without web drivers (latest for the OS release) tried everything, PCIRootUID=1 and etc.

nv_disable=1 let me start without acceleration, but as soon as i start with nvda_drv=1 i boot to black screen....

Please any help this card was in the Buyers guide, i followed the link and brought it.....

I will appreciate any help

the system run perfectly using a GT640 from gigabyte

You need to use the Nvidia Web drivers for the 750. See here. I am using it in El Capitan and it works fine once you install the web drivers. Boot from unibeast/clover usb stick if you have to so you can get to your installation to install the web drivers.

im using lates nvidia web drivers for 10.10.4

and its not working, should i install capitan and try?

i haven't installed capital once yet but i have a lot of installations of yosemite under my belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back