Graphics
EVGA GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've built a 'Customac Pro' system using the recommended components.
I have installed El Capitan 10.11.1 using the on-board graphics card and it's all working fine. However when I connect the EVGA GT 740 SC card Clover boots, I get the Apple logo for a few seconds and then the prohibited sign.

I've installed the Nvidia Drivers for 10.11.1 from http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/93555/en-us

I've tried booting with and without nvda_drv=1

I've tried the card in each of the 3 slots on the motherboard

I've made sure the power plug is seated correctly on the card

I've tried booting with the internal graphics enabled and disabled

I've set the system definition to 5,1

Every time I try and boot with the card connected I get the same results. Anyone got any ideas?

Don't use MacPro5,1. You should use iMac14,2.

Don't use MacPro5,1. You should use iMac14,2.
Thanks. Just tried iMac14,2 and I'm getting the same result though. Any other ideas?

Thanks. Just tried iMac14,2 and I'm getting the same result though. Any other ideas?

boot using -v to see if it is a kernel panic

boot using -v to see if it is a kernel panic

With -v I'm getting:
IMG_20151124_152613.jpg

Clover does see the card:
IMG_20151124_152928.jpg

Looks like I've resolved the issue. I was reading the PCI slot order incorrectly. Change the initial graphics card to be PCI 3 and it booted but with lines across the screen like it was scanning. Uninstalled the Nvidia web drivers, rebooted, re-installed the drivers and it is now reporting the card correctly and appears to be stable!
Hopefully it'll stay this way.
Thanks for your help.

Hi. I have the same problem . My card works but the loading lines come when logging in. And it isn't recognised in about this Mac. Can you tell me which specific nvidia driver you installed? I have the drivers installed but mine still doesn't work properly... :( but from what I understand there are newer and older versions of the drivers ?

Hi. I have the same problem . My card works but the loading lines come when logging in. And it isn't recognised in about this Mac. Can you tell me which specific nvidia driver you installed? I have the drivers installed but mine still doesn't work properly... :( but from what I understand there are newer and older versions of the drivers ?

Each version of the driver is specific to the build of OS X. There is one driver for each build. If OS X updates then a new version of the driver is released a day or two later.

Hi, I have tried installing / reinstalling web drivers and my card still doesn't show correctly and has lag issues when playing videos and in the Finder app.
It is actually the exact same without any web drivers installed..

it did work when I first got my system running but somewhere along the line it's stopped. I have uninstalled all programmes and files I have installed myself but it's still the same any ideas?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back