1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

This is my first Mackintosh build. After looking at this site and reading for a while, I decided to build a Hackintosh to use in my video editing business. I followed the CustoMac Buyers' Guide as close as I could.

Here is my build:
Case: Corsair Carbide 500R
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H V.1.1
CPU: i7-4790K 4.0 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8G)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti Superclocked w.G-Sync

PSU: Corsair AX760 760 watts 80+
HDD: Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD (will be used for the OS and apps)
Other HDDs: WD 2TB Red (4 of these installed, will be setup as Raid 5 under OSX for Video Data & Internal Storage)
Wifi: TP-Link WDN4800 PCI-e Wireless NIC

The bios version is F8, will update to F9 when I have OSx stable.

The system only boots with the nv_disable=1 boot flag.

How to I install the drivers for that card so that I don't need to add this flag all the time.

Thanks,

Alain Gauthier

Download the drivers from Nvidia's website and install them. Then add nvda_drv=1 to your boot flags and remove nv_disable=1.

This has been covered a hundred times for that card and other Maxwell cards in this forum.

Sorry, but I am new to this. And I did look through the forum before asking.

I do not see OS X drivers for that card, only CUDA drivers. I downloaded and installed the CUDA drivers?

And, where do I see instructions to add/remove boot flags so I don;t have to add them manually at boot time. I read reference to Chameleon but did not see where to do this in MultiBeast.

I did find a org.Chameleon.Boot.plist in the /Extra Folder of the boot drive. Looks like this is where I can add the <key>

Thanks,

Alain

Last edited:
Sorry, but I am new to this. And I did look through the forum before asking.

I do not see OS X drivers for that card, only CUDA drivers. I downloaded and installed the CUDA drivers?

And, where do I see instructions to add/remove boot flags so I don;t have to add them manually at boot time. I read reference to Chameleon but did not see where to do this in MultiBeast.

I did find a org.Chameleon.Boot.plist in the /Extra Folder of the boot drive. Looks like this is where I can add the <key>

Thanks,

Alain

The drivers are not specific to that card. Go to Nvidia's site and search for drivers for the GTX 680.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back