CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's been awhile since I did a fresh install, and I seem to be having some issues. I've been attempting to install Yosemite (the most recent update), but as soon the install changes graphic resolution, my EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB starts emitting a long beep. Once the install completes, and I get the the home screen, and the mouse and all the graphics lag. Anyway, I remember in previous builds that one should have to do something if the graphics card is above 2GB, which is the case here, but I can't remember what it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's been awhile since I did a fresh install, and I seem to be having some issues. I've been attempting to install Yosemite (the most recent update), but as soon the install changes graphic resolution, my EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB starts emitting a long beep. Once the install completes, and I get the the home screen, and the mouse and all the graphics lag. Anyway, I remember in previous builds that one should have to do something if the graphics card is above 2GB, which is the case here, but I can't remember what it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Install NVIDIA Web Driver for the OS X Version which you are using and add the flag "nvda_drv=1" under the <key>Kernel Flags</key> of your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Save the file. Reboot.

Good Luck...!

Thanks! I'll have to try it, though unfortunately it'll have to wait.

It appears that my USB was damaged (getting a kernel panic whenever I try to boot) then I had to shut the computer down, so I'm going to have to reinstall Mountain Lion (lastest uniboot I have) and work from there.

These are the times I wish there was an iBoot CD :)

Thanks! I'll have to try it, though unfortunately it'll have to wait.

It appears that my USB was damaged (getting a kernel panic whenever I try to boot) then I had to shut the computer down, so I'm going to have to reinstall Mountain Lion (lastest uniboot I have) and work from there.

These are the times I wish there was an iBoot CD :)

Post the photo of the kernel panic screen, it may not be the problem of your USB.

Before installing NVIDIA Web Driver as i mentioned above, try booting without Chimera's graphics injection. Normally 6xx NVIDIA Cards have native support on OS X.

I've attached a picture of the kernel panic. I've tried all the usual additional tags (-x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc.), but always the same result.

I am running Windows 7 64 on the same system, and everything works fine booting into that.

I even tried switching out the graphics card with another ATI and NVidia card, and still the same response.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 105
I've attached a picture of the kernel panic. I've tried all the usual additional tags (-x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=No, etc.), but always the same result.

I am running Windows 7 64 on the same system, and everything works fine booting into that.

I even tried switching out the graphics card with another ATI and NVidia card, and still the same response.

What are the settings available in your BIOS related to CPU

If possible then create a new bootable USB.

I cleared the cmos, and that seemed to do the trick.

However, once I got everything up and running, Finder and Safari keeps crashing (Finder doesn't even open).

I tried to install the web drivers, but keep getting an error, stating that I need to install 10.10.2, which is already installed. Also, my memory total is correct, but is not being displayed correctly (though it did in previous versions).

Any ideas?

I cleared the cmos, and that seemed to do the trick.

However, once I got everything up and running, Finder and Safari keeps crashing (Finder doesn't even open).

I tried to install the web drivers, but keep getting an error, stating that I need to install 10.10.2, which is already installed. Also, my memory total is correct, but is not being displayed correctly (though it did in previous versions).

Any ideas?

Post a photo of the warning which you are getting while trying to install the Web Driver.

No idea on memory. If the memory are good and installed properly, normally it will show. Ensure that you are not using flag "maxmem"

I managed to install the update by waiting until f04 was released - went without a hitch.

Entered the nvda_drv=1 where it was supposed to, and there is a definite improvement, but there still is an issue with Finder and Safari opening. I can boot using -x and the problem disappears.

By booting using -x, does it affect the performance of the system?

I managed to install the update by waiting until f04 was released - went without a hitch.

Entered the nvda_drv=1 where it was supposed to, and there is a definite improvement, but there still is an issue with Finder and Safari opening. I can boot using -x and the problem disappears.

By booting using -x, does it affect the performance of the system?

-x is using for Safe Mode booting. It will load some important kexts only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back