Contribute
Register

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC - cannot change resolution - OSX 10.13.6 [going to try Sierra instead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While booted to my High Sierra clean install:

Changed to Default MacOS Graphics Driver via NVIDIA control panel and rebooted
...still at 1024x768, no options

Remounted correct EFI Partition,
opened config.plist via Clover
Unchecked "Inject Intel" via Clover
Saved, rebooted
...still at 1024x768, no options

in config.plist, Changed Boot timeout to 1 to see if it will boot to the High Sierra disk automagically: I'm still picking it from the clover screen every time (not holding down any keys)...

By the way I tried booting to my old Mavericks install and it also cannot change screen resolution.

There's only one option in the Graphics / Displays section of about the Mac: GPU

EDIT: That confuses me because my monitor's cable is a DVI cable coming from the NVIDIA PCI card, not the motherboard's DVI connector.

The PCI section of About this Mac indicates it seems to be finding my graphics card but the machine doesn't seem to be able to use it.

On page 9 of the long thread with people talking about glitches and artifacts and stuff ... again my issue is that I cannot get the best resolution, it makes troubleshooting everything else a pain (in addition to the glitches)... maybe I should try swapping cables or cable types...to HDMI? Just so I can get some work done (this is my main machine).

Here's what the About this Mac shows ... shouldn't it show more RAM? Do I need to Multi-Beast with the emulated NVRAM checked?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.20.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.20.05 PM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back